Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and great technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
Our best-in-class client integrations allow us to transfer data between Cedar’s platform and our clients’ EHR (electronic health record) systems. Ensuring the ongoing functionality and performance of these integrations is critical to our success and our ability to serve millions of patients. We are seeking a Senior Integration Engineer who is deeply conscientious and focused on ensuring our existing integrations run smoothly. This individual will also create the tools and processes that allow us to be more efficient in building quality integrations in the future.
The Senior Integration Engineer will work within our integrations codebase to engineer robust and efficient solutions. This will require a deep understanding of our integrations as well as the ability to dive into data, all while working with clients to ensure we continue to deliver the highest quality service. As a critical member of this team, this engineer will be asked to push learnings and best practices out to the rest of integrations and engineering.
In this role the Senior Integration Engineer will be highly cross-functional, working closely with others in Implementation and Engineering to ensure our integrations meet the highest quality engineering standards and deliver maximum value to our clients. This communication will ensure we consistently hold a high-quality bar for new client integrations. As an integral part of the team, the Senior Integration Engineer will be someone who upholds best-practices and brings past experience and lessons learned with them to the team.
- Build long-term, systematic and robust solutions to ensure our integrations meet the highest engineering standards and deliver on client expectations
- Be responsible for ensuring our integrations with clients operate smoothly
- Contribute fixes and enhancements to current integrations framework
- Work with Integration Support Engineers to identify root causes of escalated issues and design/implement corresponding fixes
- Analyze data from our clients and troubleshoot issues with missing or misinterpreted data
- Respond to and debug technical issues that arise from our integrations with clients
- Work with Engineering, Client Growth, and Product to discover and fix technical issues in our product
- Help drive best practices across integrations
- Work closely with other engineers who are building new integrations to communicate learnings to ensure we are constantly improving
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of professional back-end engineering experience
- Expert-level Python knowledge
- Experience with Django and Postgres desirable
- Excellent debugging and root cause analysis skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Experience supporting data pipelines
- Experience with, or interest in, communicating with client counterparts
- Passionate about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
- Eligible to work in the United States
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with 200,000 engaged patients a day as of September 2020 (Up from 50,000 in January)
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Senior Integration Engineer who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.