Senior Internal Controls Analyst at Squarespace
The Squarespace Finance team is looking for an experienced Internal Controls, Analyst to join our growing team! You will partner with Accounting, Engineering, Legal, HR and Analyst Leadership to implement an internal controls strategy for Squarespace’s high-growth business.
The Internal Controls Analyst will be a member of the finance team with a background and experience assessing and improving control environments. You should be comfortable in driving outcomes and managing processes with teams and solving complex issues.
You will report into the Head of Internal Controls in New York.
- Help execute an internal control environment over financial reporting
- Ensure risk assessment and control frameworks are in place, and running
- Create internal control narratives, flowcharts and risk matrices
- Support the Internal Controls Management team in identifying business and technology risks and mitigation strategies
- Track remediation to completion and provide recommendations for control improvements
- Perform control testing to address audit assertions
- 5+ years of experience in internal controls, internal and/or external audit
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CIA, CISA and/or CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of the COSO 2013 and COBIT frameworks
- Experience executing controls and audit strategies to achieve results
- Strong organizational, prioritization and process improvement skills
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.