Senior IT Engineer at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You will be a technical leader at Dataminr. You have excellent communication skills and can problem solve over the phone, in person or via email/chat. You have a constant hunger to learn new things quickly, and an obsession for automation and constant improvement of IT processes. You can multi-task and have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment. You thrive in a broad role where you might troubleshoot a printer and design the most effective way to deploy a new IT solution in the same day.
- Deploy and image workstations for new and existing employees and continue to support these builds with upgrades and patches, and monitoring for any deviations
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues, responding quickly and efficiently to questions from Dataminr employees
- Investigate common user problems and be able to come up with solutions to prevent future issues from arising
- Research and evaluate new products and services that help keep our IT environment current
- Manage and support a ticketing system
- Provide local and remote support to employees as needed
- Administer and configure Windows server environments
- Maintain an inventory of IT related equipment
- Be on call and able to manage critical issues outside normal work hours
- Ability to work remotely from your home office
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience troubleshooting a range of desktop/laptop computers, knowledge of Mac OS, Windows and Linux
- Experience managing Google G Suite or Office 365 environments
- Experience troubleshooting local network related issues (switches, routers, firewalls, access points, printers, and other devices)
- Experience solving technical problems with code. Languages including Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell, or others.
- Must outwit printers with eyes closed
- Proven ability to juggle competing priorities and work collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.