Senior IT Internal Auditor at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Senior IT Internal Auditor will assist in the company-wide public company readiness and related SOX implementation initiative. Partnering with DO teams to help mature and establish the company’s control environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who has relevant prior experience (such as Audit & SOX) and is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the IT Manager, Internal Audit. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have an impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Be part of the team collaborating with the company to build the internal control environment and prepare the company for SOX compliance
- Work collaboratively with the Sr. Manager of Internal Audit and control owners on the design of internal controls and maintain the risk and control matrix within AuditBoard
- Execute walkthroughs to validate the design of the control independently
- Perform periodic testing to assess the operating effectiveness of controls; including buildout of test plans and audit workpapers within AuditBoard
- Prepare audit documentation request lists, coordinate with controls owners and track request status
- Perform end to end process and/or system walkthroughs, where needed, build flows in flowchart format
- Where needed, prepare control training materials to help educate those responsible for performing control activities
- As needed, review policies and/or provide recommendations to policy owners to enhance them
- Provide guidance and support to internal stakeholders as they address control deficiencies or make significant process changes (e.g., implementation of new systems)
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with process owners and stakeholders in various departments effectively, to increase awareness of the importance of risk and controls, and the role of Internal Audit
- 3-4 years or more of relevant experience – prior public accounting (Big 4) experience a plus, external or internal audit experience
- Strong knowledge of IT practices, including applications and infrastructure, security and vulnerability assessments, change management for homegrown product and billing platforms, and IT risk assessments
- Proven understanding of concepts related to ITGCs, application controls, SOC1/SOC2s and technology risks
- Proficient in conducting reviews of highly technical areas including current/emerging technologies and key layers of IT such as networks, databases, cloud services and applications, data and cyber security, operating systems, firewalls and third party risks
- Knowledge of external leading risk and controls frameworks such as COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and related Technology), NIST and ISO27000
- Experience with working with High Growth or Technology companies, and/or companies that have recently IPO’ed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field
- Professional certification such as CIA or CISA preferred
- SOX experience, specifically around validating control design and operating effectiveness for ITGCs
- Tableau (or other data and analytics tools) experience is a plus
- Experience with software such as MS Word, Advanced MS Excel skills, , G-Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Visio or Lucid Charts, RPA, NetSuite, Coupa or AuditBoard
- Motivated self-starter who demonstrates initiative, curiosity to learn, and displays high energy level
- Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize one’s workload and clearly communicate status
- High degree of attention to detail
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!