Senior IT Support Engineer at Policygenius
About the role….
Policygenius is looking for a self-driven, adaptable, and quick-witted Senior IT Support Engineer to join our Technical Operations team! We want someone who can support our growing company of 500+ employees (and counting!) by working directly across multiple teams in our NYC headquarters and partnering with our Tech Ops team across NYC and Durham, NC. The ideal candidate is someone who is excited about creating a seamless employee experience while delivering exceptional technical support.
Reporting into our IT Support Manager, you’ll have the ability to work on various projects and continue building on your technical skills. You will serve as a trusted partner representing Tech Ops amongst leadership, and you’ll collaborate across all teams and departments at Pg to optimize the effectiveness of our technical operations, driving consistency and quality across the board.
In this role, you will…
- Partner with our NYC/RDU office IT Support team and cross-functional stakeholders across a variety of departments on technical solution for scaling needs of the business
- Act as the first point of escalation for resolving all internal IT software, hardware, and wireless network connectivity issues including setup, connectivity, functionality, and update issues for Macs and PCs. Administer workstation hardening, encryption, endpoint protection installation and configuration
- Own hardware and software system access for employee onboarding and offboarding (including Slack, Google groups, and general user access management)
- Maintain conference room hardware (including projectors, computing equipment, audio/visual, telephony)
- Tackle multiple tickets at the same time, addressing urgency as it may arise, and delegating both internally and externally with our vendors & 3rd party suppliers
- Maintain and help support network and wireless infrastructure
- Survey and deploy new or existing network hardware, research relevant technology trends and provide recommendations for cost-effective solutions that provide the organization with a competitive advantage and increased productivity (including hosted platform capacity planning and budgeting)
- Manage & maintain IT asset inventory and software licensing, and work with management to ensure that systems and software are accurately recorded, tracked, and retired to 100% of accountability standards
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 6+ years of professional experience in IT with a strong technical knowledge of MacOS, Windows, and a wide variety of SaaS solutions (e.g. G-Suite, JAMF, OneLogin, Jumploud, Slack, Keeper, Atlassian, etc)
- You’re able to be onsite in the NYC office in Lower Manhattan several days a week on a rotating schedule (with flexibility to work from home on the other days)
- You're proficient with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Powershell, etc)
- You're a stellar verbal and written communicator with strong interpersonal skills--across all levels of an organization
- You have exceptional attention to detail and skilled at wearing multiple hats and juggling many tickets
- You're a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility--no matter how administrative or ad-hoc
- You have a sense of urgency and high level of proven productivity in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!