At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
We’re looking for a Senior IT Support Engineer with proven experience in an entrepreneurial, startup, or enterprise setting. The best candidates will combine exemplary white-glove customer support skills with the type of creative tenacity necessary to solve problems in a fast-paced iterative environment. This role will be responsible for technical escalations in one or two technical domains, be able to lead by example where best practices like timely and transparent communication, documentation, and tech advocacy are concerned, and will have a well-rounded skill set in all the competencies that support IT in an office environment. Experience with mentorship, software training, and Design/UX a big plus.What you'll do
- 50% of your time you’ll be owning the deployment, support, and maintenance of:
- Hardware/Software lifecycle in a 90% macOS and 10% Windows/Linux environment
- Office Phone System and Devices
- Wired and Wireless Network
- Office A/V Equipment for Remote Meetings and Events
- 50% of your time you’ll be on point for:
- SaaS application operations - owning all aspects of a software tool from scoping to sunset
- Identifying opportunities for improving our current systems and taking action to bring those improvements to life
- Codifying and delivering opportunities to raise the technical acumen of the IT team and those we support
- Technical escalations within the IT team
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional IT Support experience
- High level of professionalism and communication
- Independent ability to research technical problems and solutions
- Expert-level skill in at least one of the following
- TCP/IP Networking - troubleshooting, feature improvements, enthusiasm for research and monitoring
- DevOps-style delivery pipelines - Virtualized *nix infrastructure, web/app development, scripting in shell, Ruby, or Python
- SQL for database architecture/management or queries
- Agile Product Management as it applies to modern software development
- Configuration Management using common tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc
- API integrations and custom scripts
- SaaS Application Administration
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment