Senior IT Support Specialist
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the Senior IT Analyst, you will manage the IT needs at our New York office. You will also coordinate across geographies with our remote employees in Texas, California, and Massachusetts in order to help serve our entire company. You will be responsible for managing the evolving needs of a technology-driven company and anticipate technical challenges that may arise.
The successful candidate must have demonstrable leadership skills in a tech company. The Senior IT Analyst serves as the liaison between the infrastructure and general operations of the facility. You will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure. TpT expects our Senior IT person to have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines. Some of what you will own is below:
- Oversee daily operations by analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards, and setting deadlines
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Track inventory
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Patience and ability to train users in both new and existing IT systems
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Own Procurement, Budgeting, Forecasting, and Asset Management for all computer and IT related equipment
- Commitment to supporting new technology implementation
- Willingness to work occasional off-hours during on-call, deployments, and/or outages
- Constant willingness to provide assistance with technical issues, as needed.
- Problem solving skills to revise existing systems and suggest improvements.
- Ability to produce concise yet thorough reports within IT and for other teams as needed.
Qualifications and skills:
- 8 years of experience in working with operations and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Must have a high fluency across G Suite products as we utilize many of them here at TpT
- Experience working with TpT’s systems, such as Cisco Meraki, Mac OS, Windows, Zen Desk and Slack, etc.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audience
- Practical experience prioritizing, tracking, and reporting multiple demands for self and team
- Experience provisioning and maintaining: laptops, servers, and networking devices.
- Prior work providing help desk support to system users
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Experience working with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements, and recommend improvements
- Experience in Procurement, Budgeting, Forecasting, and Asset Management