Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about creating tactical and strategic plans for building & maintaining our core IT infrastructure.
We are looking for a seasoned IT system administrator to take our internal IT systems to the next level. Reporting to the Manager of IT, the Senior IT System Administrator will work to automate and expand our IT capabilities to help support our fast-growing company. You will have the opportunity to build brand new scalable Linux, MacOS, and Windows IT management infrastructure to support several hundred systems. Your solutions should follow our company value of Simplicity in all we DO by creating efficiencies and removing complexity from daily tasks.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working independently to automate the deployment, administration, and maintenance of company Linux, Windows, and macOS IT systems.
- Automating existing processes and building new processes to improve IT operational efficiency.
- Administer day-to-day IT systems operations by proactively monitoring and resolving problems with end user accounts, computing environments, networking, anti-virus, productivity services, and disaster recovery components.
- Own IT projects in all areas of the company including cloud/server infrastructure, networking, data security, productivity, mobile devices, remote access, and web services.
- Provide for a stable and reliable computing environment by maintaining consistency among desktop and laptop computers by using automated system deployments and maintenance policies.
- Provide escalation support for and efficient resolution of IT problems, tracking all support interactions in the IT helpdesk system. Includes application-level support for: Device Management, Communications & Collaboration Suite, and Endpoint Detection and Response.
- Create and maintain system documentation for new user setup processes, end user training, device provisioning, mobile device configuration, and various aspects of IT systems.
- Proven experience with Linux, macOS, and Windows operating systems and day-to-day maintenance
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Experience with device management and provisioning
- Experience with Identity and access management
- Basic OpenLDAP administration experience
- Basic understanding of networking concepts and technologies
- Experience scripting in one or more of the following languages: Bash, Python, or PowerShell
- A passion for clear documentation and open communication
- Proven ability to learn!
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Security #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Security team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!