Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As the Sr Manager of Claims at Rhino, you’ll assume a crucial role on a hungry team that is ready and eager to transform the future of renting and insurance. Sitting within the Experience Group, you will be empowered to lead a team through process management, scale and greatest positive impact to our customer experience.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for managing, developing, and implementation of all facets of Rhino’s claims organization including all claims adjusting, and claims customer experience.
- The individual will work closely with product management, analytics, and legal & compliance teams to support Rhino’s insurance products.
- Build and scale teams in Claims in an increasingly scaled Experience organization. Build an inspiring and inclusive culture that enables people to do their best work.
- Uphold a top-quality customer experience through strong workforce management and adherence to a meticulous quality framework. Establish and ensure team performance metrics are met; including but not limited to: productivity, response time, NPS, and CSAT
- Oversee and consistently improve claims processes and workflows.
- Collaborate closely with product teams to enhance the claims experience and develop and test claims product features.
- Work closely with third-party vendors and reinsurance partners and build a team and processes to fully internalize claims functions.
- Develop and scale claims reporting procedures and capabilities.
- Assist with identifying claims and underwriting trends and work with analytics teams to assess forms and rate improvements.
- Develop and lead loss mitigation efforts through subrogation and billing process enhancements.
- Effectively manage and implement changes in processes, structure and resources to achieve optimal results.
We’re ideally seeking:
- 2+ years experience in property & casualty operations or claims role.
- 3-5+ years of experience in people management.
- Strong experience in project management to drive results strategically for business success.
- A deep understanding of insurance regulations, underwriting, and policy coverages, including surety.
- You are passionate about customer experience for renters and real estate owners and Rhino’s mission to reduce barriers to housing.
- You thrive in a dynamic and often changing environment and enjoy managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are a strong independent thinker and contributor and you love collaborating across teams.
- You feel at home using Microsoft Office, G Suite, Slack and other modern workspace technology.
- Adjuster licensing required / adjuster licensing to be obtained within 90 days of employment.
- Experience with market conduct exams or audits is also a plus.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.