Senior Manager, Client Services at theSkimm
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s Sales & Partnerships team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, and scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether that’s working with agencies and clients directly, seeking out third-party partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth and efficiency of our pre and post-sales operations.
As we grow, we're seeking an enthusiastic team player to provide proactive support for members of theSkimm’s Sales team in post-sale, as well as provide exceptional communication and account management for select brand partners. The Senior Manager of Client Services is responsible for our post-sale production process and streamlining operations across all campaigns, ensuring we deliver the best products and customer experience possible.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Lead, manage, mentor and inspire the Client Services team on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly tasks; ensure the team exceeds the expectations of internal and external clients
- Campaign management of our biggest accounts, leading post-sale communication from kick-off to final reporting, including but not limited to: scheduling & leading kick off calls, building decks for campaign calls and meetings, sending campaign live notifications, screenshots, campaign updates and reporting
- Evaluate, develop and own theSkimm’s Post-Sale approach, including processes, systems and tools; Work internally to identify resources and workflow to ensure clear roles and responsibilities, as well as educate internal teams to help guide use in new ideas and pitches
- Regularly partner with Pre-Sale Directors (Ad Product Strategy, Account Management & Brand Strategy) to conduct review/post-mortems and collaborate on best practices, documentation and training
- Foster relationships with internal teams (Branded Content, Social, Audio, Video, Marketing, Design) to deliver amazing programs, and serve as primary point of contact for cross departmental escalation
- Cultivate relationships with key Agency/Client partners, provide great communication about the creative process and instill confidence throughout execution, especially in the face of challenges
- Serve as a strong internal voice for the Client Services team by facilitating regular sharing of post-sale success stories across the org
- Own and evolve the campaign measurement and reporting process (Excel, Insights, Wrap Reports)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 6-8 years of experience in client services, account/project management or creative production at an online publisher or digital media company
- Proven track record in client service and leading high-performing teams. Strong interpersonal skills, due to significant client interaction and internal communication, that encourage cooperation and promote enthusiasm
- Experience working on 360 branded content campaigns that include social, digital destinations, creative assets, custom products and events
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, organization, problem-solving and time management skills. Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Relentlessly high standards and an extreme eye for detail. Ability to think strategically and execute tactically simultaneously
- Proficiency with excel, keynote, google docs and project management tools
- Bachelor of Arts, Marketing or Advertising focus preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches and monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches and a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.