Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world. Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
The Sr. Manager, Commercial Operations has overall ownership of the entire order management process (quote to cash), including both direct and channel order processes and non-standard deal support. The Commercial Operations Manager must be proactive, extremely well organized, analytical, detail oriented and quality minded. In addition to leading order management end-to-end, the Sr. Manager will proactively identify and recommend improvements in process, policy and systems to drive efficiencies in operations across all cross-functional teams. This role will be remote in the US.
- Build and lead the Order Management Process: Lead all Order Management Specialists to manage all QTC processes; owning all order management through each phase of its lifecycle, including order entry, booking and professional services operations. Manage leads and deal registration, implementing data entry import processes and ensuring proper data-quality standards. Responsible for performance management, career development and employee engagement of managers and associates.
- Design and manage Deal Desk: Lead deal support team to address non-standard pricing/commercial terms and provide options to enable sales to address and overcome customer objections while maximizing revenue/bookings.
- Monitor operational results against objectives: Ensure accurate use of Salesforce.com; owning inputs into the sales funnel to ensure data integrity. Handle escalated concerns and follow up to ensure positive resolution. Work with Systems and Tools as appropriate on system upgrades and integrations to support improving QTC tools and automation. Report weekly to identify trends, and communicate risks to plan and forecasted goals. Drive performance targets for the Order Management team, keep stakeholders updated on performance.
- Drive ongoing operational excellence: Identify synergies in cross functional teams to drive process consistency and best practices across the organization. Provide recommendations to continuously improve operations. Develop and execute on short and long term plans that align with Cockroach Labs sales objectives. Manage quarterly and annual budget targets for QTC operations.
- Implement change initiatives: Manage and oversee multiple simultaneous process improvement initiatives which will require leadership and support across all business units. Constantly seek opportunities to improve sales and sales operations efficiency and effectiveness.
In your first 30 days, you will complete our general and sales onboarding programs and learn about our message and product. We believe that it's essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology and our company. During this time, you will also take a deep dive into our current Revenue process, policy and systems in order to discern opportunities to build and scale.
In your first 60 days, you will establish a list of priorities that will help us scale and begin to build a roadmap to execute. You will also determine the team structure needed in Commercial Operations to support across regions, products and selling motions.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will begin executing on the priorities you have developed as well as develop a set of KPIs to measure success.
- Ability to partner with a diverse team across theaters to provide first class operational support to a growing sales organization.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships both internally and externally with a level of collaboration that leads to quantifiable business results.
- Proactively identify recommendations for process efficiency based on issues raised by sales and cross-functional teams.
- Experience collaborating with peers, senior leaders and internal and external stakeholders to drive the business goals
- Support development of revenue and operations strategy, understand priorities and execute operational plans
- Ability to understand, create, and deliver top-quality, audience-appropriate communication
- Optimize sales and operational efficiency through innovative thinking, process improvement and system enhancements and best practice sharing
- Work with peers in all departments to determine impact of application changes on systems and processes and how it will affect sales and revenue operations workflows.
- BA or BS degree.
- 8-12 years of business experience, with preferably 3-5 years in a sales operations role or business operations role.
- 3-5 years of experience in cloud services desirable.
- 2+ experience with people management; building and maintaining a team of “A+” players.
- Excellent analytical, reporting, data manipulation, dashboard creation; high expertise in Salesforce.
- Proven ability to drive and communicate objectives, design and execute projects, and interact effectively across all levels, including executive management.
- Detail oriented; and must be highly organized with the ability to manage towards multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to foster & maintain strong partnering relationships with sales and internal departments.