Senior Manager, Community Events at Peloton
The Senior Manager, Community Events reports to the VP of Community and will be responsible for organizing and implementing all current and future Community-led events, including the annual “Peloton Homecoming.” This role will contribute to creating meaningful and impactful Member events to foster strong community bonds. The ideal candidate for this role has prior experience in managing virtual and in-person events for a B2C brand, has a collaborative mindset and is passionate about planning, supporting and organizing engaging experiences for our community of global Members.
Peloton's Membership team is responsible for:
- Deploying tailored engagement and retention efforts to drive usage and minimize churn
- Providing personalized and elevated support for our Members whenever they need assistance
- Deepening the competitive moat with best in class music programming, partnerships and technology
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Direct the overall planning and strategy for live, hybrid and virtual Member events that will keep our community engaged and delighted, including the annual Homecoming Member event
- Partner with the Peloton studios and showroom teams to ideate, define and execute various community engagement opportunities
- Oversee and approve the final selection of venues, technology and other event support services/tools for the annual Member event
- Review and approve contracts and have overall responsibility for ensuring Community-led events stay within approved budgets
- Responsible for collaborating and communicating with cross functional internal teams, including agencies, to ensure brand alignment and successful outcomes
- Implement best practices and develop standard policies and procedures for all community events
- Monitor the progress of the event planning and execution of each task that has to do with the event in order to provide the best Member experience
- Coordinate with other departments/stakeholders to resolve escalated issues/challenges that may arise
- Analyze the success of each event, manage and mitigate risks and present post-event reports
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- 6+ years of experience with event planning
- 4+ years of experience as an event manager
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with cross functional stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail, outstanding time management and organization skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- A team player with leadership skills
- Must be creative and able to prioritize tasks in the face of many challenges
- BS/BA in PR/Communications, Marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.