Senior Manager, Consumer Strategy & Insights at Peloton
The Peloton brand is one of the most special brands in the world. Our mission is to use technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. Peloton’s values inform everything we do, from product strategy, to hiring, to decision-making.
- Put Members First - Design with a user-centered mindset. Obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience.
- Operate with a bias for action - Challenge the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Take risks, fail fast, and learn from past failures.
- Empower teams of smart creatives - Hire the best and get out of the way. Think and act like owners. Stay lean, scrappy and creative.
- Together we go far - Build a diverse and inclusive community. Uphold the obligation to dissent and listen. Presume trust and be transparent.
Peloton is looking for a passionate and strategic-minded Consumer Strategy & Insights Senior Manager to join our growing team. This person will lead key insights and brand tracking initiatives end-to-end with the goal of informing strategic business decisions across Global Brand Marketing, Product Marketing, Media, Communications, Membership, Creative, International, Sales, Finance, and Product teams. They will translate complex and at times disparate research learnings into narrative and data-driven analyses that clearly communicate findings and implications for cross-functional stakeholders. They will manage several concurrent key projects for the team, inclusive of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, and will be responsible for managing complex work streams across multiple internal stakeholders, agency, and vendor partners. This person will report to the Director of Consumer Strategy & Insights.
Primary focus area will be brand tracking and measurement of Peloton’s brand health globally:
- Lead the global brand health KPI target setting and forecasting for all current and future markets and products
- Synthesize disparate data sources into digestible and actionable reports to be distributed cross-functionally at a monthly and quarterly cadence, identifying and communicating key strategic implications from your analysis
- Manage and guide external partners in the design, edits, and execution of brand tracking efforts based on key business initiatives
- Deliver reports and key talking points to senior leadership, equipping them with relevant intel to share with the board of directors and external stakeholders
- Track brand and business KPIs over time to help the marketing team understand efficacy of campaigns and initiatives
- Collaborate with Marketing Analytics team on the development, maintenance, and democratization of brand tracking dashboards
You will also identify research needs, leading complex qualitative and quantitative research to inform key business initiatives globally. Additional focus areas may include: Target audience definition, research informing product development and positioning, message testing, creative testing and optimization.
- Manage qualitative and quantitative research to inform key business initiatives and marketing priorities, collaborating with cross-functional partners to ensure your work meets their strategic needs
- Synthesize research findings into insightful observations with clear, actionable business implications and strategic recommendations
- Develop questionnaires, sample and data analysis plans, screeners, discussion guides, and reporting
- Lead day-to-day project, stakeholder, and budget management of your projects ● Deepen the organizational knowledge of our target consumers as well as our members, representing the consumer and their needs to all teams across the business — always ensuring the consumer has a seat at the table through your in-depth knowledge of their needs, attitudes, and behaviors.
- 6+ years of relevant consumer insights-related experience working with world-class consumer brands at a leading consultancy, agency, or in-house marketing team
- Demonstrated expertise on the subject of brand health metrics, with direct experience in having led brand tracking efforts across global markets for a previous employer or client ● Experience applying the latest tools and technologies to facilitate a smooth and streamlined process of capturing, reporting, and sharing key brand metrics across multiple stakeholders ● Familiarity with brand metric and measurement platforms including omnibus offerings such as YouGov and custom solutions (e.g. Qualtrics)
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research applying mixed methodologies (quantitative + qualitative research)
- Exceptional at finding trends in the data, articulating the “so what,” and translating insights into strategic, actionable recommendations
- Adept at guiding groups with divergent opinions toward a unifying decision, drawing upon data to ground decision-making
- Excellent project management skills, and experience managing distinct vendor relationships ● Must be an independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary ● Excellent communication and data story-telling skills, including the ability to clearly present findings and recommendations to diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment where priorities are often shifting ● Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, with the ability to juggle an array of tasks on tight timelines ● Comfortable navigating large datasets, with experience creating dashboards for stakeholders through internal reporting tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Skilled in Excel and Powerpoint, with ability to translate to Google Suite
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.