Senior Manager, Consumer Strategy & Operations at DoorDash
About the Team
The Consumer Strategy & Operations team is responsible for the strategic development and growth of our business. You’ll build and scale new products to delight our customers, working cross-functionally with our product, engineering, marketing, design, analytics and support teams.
About the Role
In a typical day, Strategy & Operations Senior Managers may work to define the value of a new business initiative, run and refine experiments to drive company growth, dive into data to explain product performance at the lowest level of detail, and work side-by-side with external teams to develop our future product.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Strategize - Innovate and execute scalable new business initiatives
- Lead the go-to-market strategy for how we roll out consumer products
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of various programs and experiments
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, etc. teams to drive strategic initiatives and harness opportunities.
We’re excited about you because….
- Problem solver – You can independently translate a high-level vision into measurable success metrics and actionable plans
- Relentless operator - You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to execute
- Influencer– You can build relationships with and motivate people at all levels and job functions inside and outside of the company
- Systems thinker - You think in terms of scalable process and long-term vision and can build the infrastructure to get there
- Self-starter – You are naturally curious and have a bias towards action
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You have 7+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience), and you’ve led teams to achieve audacious goals.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.