Senior Manager/ Director VBC Solutions, Payer Strategy at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Sr. Manager/ Director of VBC Solutions, Payer Strategy to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Value Based Care team to partner with cross-functional stakeholders, define and build growth programs for value based care across the organization, and to support our community oncology network and health system partners. Reporting the head of VBC Solution and Transformation, you will support a cross-functional team responsible for the strategic development, piloting and scaling of tools and partnerships in service of value based care initiatives. In addition, you'll also:
- Understand oncology market trends and key stakeholders including payers, community practices and health systems; develop relationships throughout the industry
- Collaborate with payers and sites of care to conceptualize and execute on transformative value-based care initiatives,
- Partner closely with key internal stakeholders from cross-functional partners including Product, Marketing, Business Development, Legal, Clinical, and others to define the product vision, road-map, and supporting required processes.
- Apply a customer mindset in defining digital tools and experiences to support our network of practices and health systems.
- Use critical communication skills and business reporting effectively, both verbally and on paper, to support senior leadership presentations.
- Lead the planning and execution of key payer strategic initiatives with ownership of timelines and delivery of high quality experiences.
- Leverage strong critical thinking and quantitative reasoning skills when bringing new services/products to market; have a strong understanding of which data to leverage to drive hypotheses about market sizing and commercialization.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, and balance business needs with technical and operational constraints while continuously improving the customer experience.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and work streams to ensure viable products are built while managing a road-map of future enhancements.
- Synthesize customer insights and ask key questions to inform our users’ digital experiences.
This is a great opportunity to collaborate with our account management, marketing, customer success, product, engineering, and implementation teams at Flatiron to ensure our practices succeed in value-based care models.Who You Are
You're detail-oriented and proactive with 5+ years of experience in healthcare, consulting, operations or project management in a fast-paced software environment. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 5+ years of experience working with a payer or specialty benefits manager including experience with alternative, value based reimbursement models.
- You have 5+ years of experience in strategy or product development/management within a digital setting.
- You have 3+ years of experience partnering with multiple groups (Product, Marketing) to define and execute on a roadmap.
- You have 5+ years of experience in roles requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills & the creation and delivery of succinct executive-level presentations.
- You have 5+ years of experience using quantitative skills with the ability to link product design and features to strategic objectives while using hard data and metrics to substantiate assumptions and recommendations
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Extra Credit
- You are a SME in value based programs, oncology
- You are a self-motivated, high energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance driven environment of action to engage diverse audiences and influence senior executives.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- You have the ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper, and with all levels of an organization.
- You have experience in team building and leadership involving direct, indirect, and non reports.
- You have demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver products/services.
- You have a Master’s degree or MHA in a related field.
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.