About the role: The Senior Manager Distribution - 3rd Party Operations is a critical leader in the Distribution Center Operations organization. The successful candidate will manage global 3rd party DC Operations from Strategy development through contracting and daily monitoring. The incumbent will develop KPIs that will ensure the highest levels of operational performance while managing spend and capacity requirements. This leader will drive continuous improvement with high levels of collaboration with our 3rd party partners.
- Develop 3rd party Distribution Center strategy as a part of the overall DC Operations strategy.
- Identify key partners and develop strong operational relationships leading to high performance
- Serves as the escalation point for DC Managers & is the primary liaison between Peloton and the 3rd party partners.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators to drive performance.
- Will oversee multiple sites and partners (currently 7 sites & 2 partners).
- Develop and implement an operational plan; ensuring that procedures are carried out properly
- Ensure 3rd party partners adhere to all Peloton standards and meets KPI’s
- Undertake the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Operations Plan to meet the strategic goals and interests of the Company.
- Provide high level advice on strategic planning and business opportunities, risk management and continuous quality improvement.
- Work in the Senior Management Team to improve operational systems, processes and policies to support management reporting, information flow and management, business processes and organizational planning.
- Broad experience, across functional and operational areas, designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining large scale projects.
- Can independently identify up-stream and down-stream operational problems and escalate them to the appropriate resource before they become project-threatening.
- Identifies and evaluates potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction from leadership to determine appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure capability, process and technical integration consistency between multiple suppliers.
- Ensure high levels of inventory reconciliation and cycle counting processes to eliminate the need for physical inventories.
- Develops & leads Monthly cadence meetings, Quarterly Business Reviews and Annual Top to Top meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
- 5+ years leading operations or managing 3rd party suppliers
- 7+ years experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce and transportation concepts such as forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP
- Proven experience managing teams across different levels of expertise
- Experience managing 3rd party Distribution / warehousing suppliers
- Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations
- Experience with lean / six sigma a plus
- Ability to travel US & Internationally up to 30%
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.