About the role: Chief architect in designing Beyond Best-in-Class Distribution Operations in a fast paced, high energy, member focused organization. This role will also work to ensure each site continues to operate at peak productivity and is prepared for new and changing business requirements.
- Chief architect in designing Beyond Best-in-Class Distribution Operations. This will include all aspects of a Distribution Center from MHE layout, process flows, information systems, equipment selection and aiding in the implementation of the above.
- May act as liaison to various consulting partners and suppliers to design, implement & operate Pelotons Next Generation of DC’s.
- Will develop operations audit program to identify improvement opportunities & will create CI improvement funnel for DC Operations.
- Create and own Capital planning process for DC Ops.
- Work with other members of the team to implement new & upgrade existing facilities.
- Create equipment specifications & either administer bid process or work with other members of the team to select and purchase equipment.
- Develop DC technology roadmap to continue to drive Peloton Distribution Beyond.
- Ideal candidates will have experience managing large capital projects with budgets >$5M and aggressive schedule commitments. Work streams to include but not limited to facility selection/startup, mhe design/implementation, systems integration & operational launch.
- Plan, direct, supervise and control the execution of all business, technical, fiscal and administrative functions of the assigned program, project or sub-task
- The ability to communicate with broad work groups across the company, which would include IT, Engineering, Safety, Supply Chain, Finance, Vendors, General Contractors and Operations will be crucial
- Possess a broad technical background and has the ability to “roll up their sleeves” and jump in if needed, along with managing
- Comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading
- Acts as the company representative with vendors and suppliers during project execution
- Is capable of taking accountability while providing status, asking for help and immediately escalating issues and problems as necessary
- Responsible for overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and Go-Live
- Responsible for managing overall project budget
- Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity within the project including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule
- 8+ years of experience with managing distribution center and/or plant layout, design and implementation initiatives, MHE design and Continuous Improvement.
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain Management/Operations/Logistics, or other similar Bachelor’s degree. MBA is preferred.
- Familiarity with a variety of material handling equipment technologies, automation, labor standards, WMS, or other systems implementations.
- Experience in wide variety of distribution environments (B2C, E-commerce, capital, catalogue, returns, spare parts etc) a plus.
- Specification and procurement of storage and material handling equipment.
- Must possess strong computer & analytical capabilities related to complex supply chain resources, distribution centers (a high level of proficiency in database tools, Office, Project Mgmt, AutoCad).
- Lean / Six Sigma a plus.
- Travel is required, typically up to50%, but may involve more extensive travel as business needs arise.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.