Senior Manager, Enablement at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $4.3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $42 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
We’re building a world-class sales and mortgage operations organization - one that combines highly effective processes and systems with a customer experience that people will rave about.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Enablement Partners to help build a world-class Enablement Organization. At Better, the Enablement team identifies areas of opportunity across all sales and mortgage operations channels, and collaborates cross functionally to develop innovative approaches to problem solving and lead execution against our recommendations. Our focus is in training, development and knowledge transfer. Our aim is to ensure the operations teams have the information and skills they need to succeed in their roles.
The right person for this role on the Enablement team is an experienced trainer and leader who knows what world-class sales and customer experience looks like, and is itching to be a critical part of an amazing team. This role will be responsible for working cross functionally to ensure our Enablement Partners are developing and delivering the highest quality training and resources for our sales and operations teams. As a Senior Manager of our Enablement Partners team, you will play a pivotal role in building and scaling our Enablement Org.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of Enablement Partners that are responsible for large scale enablement initiatives for 1000+ sales associates and 2000+ operations associates
- Ensure our Enablement Partners are creating and delivering upon the most effective Enablement strategies
- Responsible for the development and success of our Enablement Partners who act as enablement business leads for our stakeholders across sales and operations
- Ensure alignment and ongoing collaboration cross-functionally across our sales and operations functions to help our teams develop, drive, and support key initiatives across the company.
- Mentor and lead managers and associates on the Enablement Partners team
- Be a cross-functional leader; Work closely with People Operations, Learning & Development, Operations leadership, Sales leadership, Insights and Analytics, Marketing, and Capital Markets teams to ensure our teams are prepared to enhance our strategy and go-to-market effectiveness.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in sales and/or operations enablement and training
- At least 1 year of experience of managing and building/expanding enablement teams
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and stakeholders
- Self-motivated with a strong affinity for strategic problem solving, driving action, and strong project ownership
- You have a passion for developing people and motivating teams to achieve both collective and individual goals
- You have a self-starter mentality with a high degree of follow through with proactive communication
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills with working experience in project management
- Demonstrated success in building and facilitating training programs
- Demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
- Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience working at a fast-growing, ever-changing start-up
- Successful production and maintenance of a knowledge base or resource center
- Prior experience with professional learning management systems and Sales and/or Operations Enablement platforms.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.