Senior Manager, ESG - Environmental Sustainability at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Manager to support the building and implementation of Peloton’s environmental sustainability strategy. The ESG function sits within Peloton’s broader Strategy, Corporate Development, and M&A team.
Together with the Senior Director, ESG Strategy & Initiatives, the Senior Manager, ESG - Environmental Sustainability will ensure that Peloton designs and implements a cohesive environmental sustainability strategy. The Senior Analyst, ESG - Environmental Sustainability will report into this role.
The Senior Manager will:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Peloton to drive the strategy, activities, and narrative to address ESG issues that align with and support business goals
- Work with leaders across Peloton to set ESG goals and KPIs in alignment with industry benchmarks and business goals
- Drive materiality assessments and other internal and external benchmarking initiatives
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of ESG initiatives and develop appropriate presentations and reports to share progress with stakeholders
- Support Peloton’s external, public company ESG reporting initiatives as well as ESG reports to the Board and applicable committees
- Coordinate sustainability reporting process across all relevant functions and external vendors; work closely with internal stakeholders to include ESG topics in external communications
- Participate in and, in some cases, manage internal working groups
- Research and recommend for consideration potential partnerships, memberships and organizational commitments related to ESG
- Consolidate ESG materials (articles, memos) in a centralized repository on an on-going basis
- Liaise with the People team and with ERGs to engage Peloton employees in environmental sustainability initiatives as appropriate
- 8+ years experience
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity
- Deep expertise in environmental sustainability, with public company experience a plus
- Success leading large-scale initiatives, engaging a variety of stakeholders, and influencing without direct authority
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Comfort with ambiguity; able to make well-considered recommendations and decisions in a rapidly-changing landscape
The ideal candidate is high-energy, results-oriented, and demonstrates an ability to:
- Identify new opportunities and areas of evolution within ESG at Peloton
- Quickly establish themselves as a credible strategic partner, bringing new high value ideas to the table.
- Clearly and concisely communicate ideas, concepts, and proposals to engage and excite team members and senior leaders.
- Deftly navigate the intricacies of working cross-functionally with many different teams and senior leaders in a fast-paced environment where the ability to influence and build relationships is critical.
- Manage multiple concurrent programs with strong attention to detail and accountability to high standards of excellence.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.