Senior Manager, Facilities & Office Experience
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Finance team wears many hats – as analysts, strategists, forecasters and liaisons to Wall Street. Whether it’s providing analysis to support business decisions, managing the financial needs of an innovation-focused organization, or partnering across the company to drive results, our passion is providing the analytical horsepower and funding to support OnDeck’s strategic plan. We’re results focused, but love our jobs and are always having fun – and we like it that way.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Facilities & Office Experience to help partner with our Team Members to make our office experience productive and exciting. This role will lead a critical effort around enhancing our offices across all three US locations, as well as ensuring that the all aspects of our facilities program are well communicated to our employees.
As the Senior Manager, Facilities & Office Experience, at OnDeck, you will:
- Oversee facilities operations of four locations – New York, New York (~300 team members), Denver, Colorado (~250 team members), Arlington, Virginia (~100 team members), and Canada ( ~10 team members); approximately 100K square feet of office space.
- Manage Facilities team – ensure resources across locations are aligned to daily facilities objectives (examples include, stocking pantry areas, mail, working with vendors to ensure timely and accurate services and deliveries, and ensuring spaces are in working order and presentable) and special projects (examples include, team breakfasts and happy hours, monthly town-halls).
- Be accountable for build-out and refurbishment of existing space; maintain the relationship with general contractors, project managers and architects; ensure projects are kept to timelines and budgets; assist in the creation of new floor-plan reconfiguring, including space expansion/reconfiguration.
- Create and manage Facilities budget; work with Legal and Finance team on procurement of new vendors and tracking spend versus budget. Identify opportunities to drive productivity and cost optimization within budget.
- Manage relationships with vendors outside of the organization including but not limited to property managers, cleaning services, security, food and beverage vendors, and building maintenance; ensure contracts are accurate and renegotiate on an annual basis.
- Manage floor plans and office capacity – maintain accurate records of usage, adjust teams/locations as needed, and work with Finance and People Operations to understand future needs.
- Manage, implement, and oversee requests for all office moves.
- Oversee the facilities emergency response team, develop and communicate protocols, partner with vendors on training, and lead periodic testing programs.
- Own relationships with leasing agents across all sites – lead process for subletting and/or expanding space.
- Work with People Operations, Technology, and Executive Administration to execute facilities aspects of team events. Drive communication across offices – ensure team members are aware of noteworthy issues, special events and long-term plans (examples include, real-time email communication regarding Facilities Issues, formal communications about emergency protocols, office moves & construction and office signage).
- Be resourceful and proactive around managing space, be flexible to taking on further responsibilities, and take on ad-hoc projects.
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years professional experience in Facilities
- Experience with Corporate build-out, refurbishment and construction
- Experience managing a budget
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to understand audiences and tailor communication as appropriate
- Proven relationship builder , with internal and external stakeholders
- Can-do, team-player mentality; focus on customer service and team member experience
- Travel required, approximately 10% of time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**