Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is looking for a senior leader to consolidate and develop the firmware quality function for our product lines and components. The ideal candidate is a seasoned quality engineer and leader with an appreciation for balancing product quality and customer satisfaction with the capabilities and costs associated with maintaining stable functionality and pushing new features. Comfortable in firmware and hardware, you have a passion for understanding the whole stack, and are interested in building and mentoring teams. In this role, you will serve as the voice of the customer for Latch, bringing an independent view to questions of what can ship, a focus to our quality metrics, and a vision for the goals we should set to continuously improve.
- Hands on leader for the Firmware QA team to develop and improve QA process, coverage and automation
- Work closely with Product and Development to ensure products and features meet the highest quality standards
- Identify, develop and implement innovative test strategies to raise the bar on reliability of our products.
- Support and mentor members of the QA team and help grow the team through targeted hiring
- Work with the Software QA & Hardware reliability teams to unify QA efforts across the company to scale the QA team across all the product lines and verticals
- Work closely with customer support to ensure seamless deployment and high product reliability metrics in the field
- Define and drive the broader vision for Quality across the company for the ecosystem of products, services and partnerships
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
- 15+ years in product design and/or quality with 5+ years directly managing cross-functional teams in QA
- Strong knowledge of testing devices running on bare metal/RTOS & Linux/Android based products
- Experience working with BLE/Internet connected/Battery powered IoT devices a plus
- Understanding of software design, architecture, data-structures, testing, and performance
- Knowledge and experience of testing for product security is a huge plus
- Experiences with automated testing technologies including CI/CD tools and methodologies, experience with automation frameworks
- Experience with production level firmware, and software for mid to high volume deployments
- Experience working with compliance and labs for device certification (FCC/CE/ETSI etc) a plus
- Experience with different testing categories: unit, integration, performance, end-to-end, smoke, acceptance, reliability and ecosystem testing
- Participation in concept definition, cross functional design reviews, and addressing integration concerns as a reviewer on development programs & feature development
- Organized leader with excellent written and verbal skills, ability to present ideas clearly across the organization
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice