Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
The IT Engineering team is a diverse group of technology professionals responsible for the systems and network infrastructure that powers Rent the Runway’s office locations, warehouses, retail stores, and drop box locations. You will be joining a strategic group that cross-functionally services the Rent the Runway business and partners with multiple departments across the entire enterprise. The IT team is helping the company achieve scale by enabling expansion to new sites, as well as driving efficiencies throughout IT processes.
About the Job:
The position of Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure will be responsible for a large portion of the tech for all of Rent the Runway’s physical locations. This is a hands on leader role that includes managing both the systems and network infrastructure core.
What You'll Do:
- Lead corporate IT systems engineering team with responsibility over Windows Servers, Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM, VMware, Jamf, and all Endpoint and Mobile Devices.
- Partner with the network engineering team responsible for site to site communication and all AN/ WAN, Juniper, Palo, MPLS, and Wireless
- Building and developing tooling, policies, and processes to bring best practice to RTR to enable the organization to reach higher levels of scale and efficiency
- Drive the overall RTR enterprise strategy and execution of strong systems and network topology across our core platforms / applications - this includes our on-prem networks, hybrid clouds network, security
- Be a strong partner to the business in powering all warehouse facilities, retail and corporate locations with leading technology.
- Manage and optimize high availability/scalability of our IT, Systems and Network
- implementation of new infrastructure, configuration, maintenance, and roadmaps development for existing infrastructure, as well as expansion to new sites for a high growth
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience along with 5+ years of well-rounded IT experience as a lead, supervisor or manager necessary.
- Have a proven track record of success growing, building, mentoring and supporting national and global IT Systems and Networking departments
- Have expertise managing IT alongside security and compliance requirements
- Have superior problem-solving skills in complex, disparate IT, Systems & Networking environments
- Have exceptional team building, project leading and verbal / written communication skills
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.