Senior Manager, Operations Tech Support at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
The Operations Technology team is responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting our proprietary solutions to unique business problems. The team consists of multiple groups of highly motivated, creative, and technically savvy engineers, testers, and product owners. These groups are responsible for end-to-end ownership of the products that fuel our round-the-clock warehouse operations with an exact focus on reliability, resilience, and scalability across the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and grow the support team and coordinate the efforts of your team to provide pre- and post-implementation support including:
- User acceptance testing, associate training, functionality roll-outs, and systems audits
- Supervising staff and providing leadership, training, mentoring, coaching and direction
- Triaging support requests from Warehouse Operations, Membership Services and Customer Experience teams.
- Grow your team to take on increased Level 1 support scope for RtR Tech.
- Develop and present new processes to leverage systems functionality and improve operational capacity.
- Partnering with the Operation and Warehouse Facilities team to develop alternative business solutions to utilize the systems more efficiently and improve production and quality
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership to determine best practices and streamline processes across accounts when applicable
- Participate in the training of the site trainers on the use and maintenance of the WMS system while simultaneously assisting in the development of account specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Participate in workshops and monthly conference calls with national Engineering - Operations group and Corporate Engineering team, as applicable
- Communicate Engineering Maintenance and deployment Schedule with both internal and external customers to prevent delays in production
- Ensure that projects are documented, tested, and implemented to meet the needs of the user
- Manage your team to provide round the clock support to dedicated accounts/networks and escalate issues accordingly
- Manage and coach team members with respect to: assignment distribution, time management, performance reviews, and guidance in application support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from a 4 year college or university
- Minimum 6 years related experience and/or training; or and equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience to include WMS configuration, implementation, and support in a distribution center environment with comprehensive knowledge of RF systems and equipment
- Experience working in IT leadership for a 3rd party logistics company is highly preferred
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures including inventory control and configuration preferred
- Experience with data communications and protocols.
- Working Knowledge of Warehouse Conveyor Systems
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile development methodologies, change and release management, application servers, and DB, JIRA.
- Knowledge of application design and implementation
- Knowledge of logistics, transportation systems, and/or warehouse management is preferred
- PMP and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification nice to have
- Hands on with Google Suite of products such as Sheets, Docs, Drives and workflow systems like Jira Confluence, Visio, Slack
- Ability to read, interpret, and publish documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance application instructions, and procedures manual
- Ability to write routine reports and team wide correspondence
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical users
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests to ensure timely response to the users
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.