Senior Manager, Property Services at Common
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
We are looking for a solution-oriented property services leader to oversee a large portfolio of properties. This individual will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the properties, vendor and strategic partner relationship management, and developing the operational strategy to manage a rapidly growing portfolio of buildings. Reporting to the VP of Platform, this is a critical leadership role at our company and will be a thought partner to support the rest of the organization.
- Manage a strategic regional portfolio, with the goal of providing best-in-class customer service to our residents and real estate partners
- Hire, support, and provide performance feedback to a diverse team including property technicians, building administrators, and construction managers
- Full portfolio accountability and oversight for property services planning, staffing, budgeting, capital expense, and process improvement
- Project manage rollouts of new technology tools/systems, processes, and services
- Manage relationships with building owners, contractors, vendors, and strategic partners
- Work with other operational leaders and the executive team to prioritize initiatives and contributes valuable insights that shape the longer-term direction of the company
- 8+ years of experience in residential property management
- Track record managing Class B or C garden-style projects
- Technical understanding of building systems and maintenance requirements
- Passion for building teams and finding solutions
- Project management skills to identify problems, scope solutions and take action on areas for improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to break down and explain complex concepts
- Demonstrated urgency to make changes and tenacity to overcome barriers
- Experience managing vendors, contractors, outsourced service providers
- Experience creating annual operating budgets and multi-year capital expense plans
- Experience with Yardi Voyager, OneSite, and other property management software tools
- Ability to travel to remote markets often
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.