Senior Manager, Security and IT Compliance
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
The Senior Manager, Security & IT Compliance will be responsible for partnering with IT & Business Leadership to develop, implement, maintain, and mature a strategic, risk-based roadmap of our Information Security, Risk, & Compliance program. The goal of this road map is to implement appropriate practices thereby protecting the organization and supporting our strategic objectives. This individual will work cross-functionally to develop guidelines and standards as well as educate and enable our employee base to ensure we meet our Information Security, Risk, & Compliance objectives.
- Create, direct and approve the design of security systems
- Create and maintain security policies, controls, and incident response plans
- Create and access policies and oversee identity and access management
- Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities
- Ensure compliance with changing laws and regulations
- Identify risks and actionable plans to protect the business
- Make sure that information security policies, procedures, and best practices are kept up-to-date and communicated to all personnel and that compliance is enforced
- Schedule and oversee periodic security audits
- Maintain a current understanding the IT threat landscape for the industry
- Constantly update the information security strategy to leverage new technology and threat information
- Brief senior management on status and risks, including championing the overall strategy and necessary budget
- Bachelors degree or similar level college education in Business, Technology or related field
- 10+ years of relevant work experience including proven ability to successfully lead and oversee critical projects and cross functional efforts
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of key concepts in Information Security, Risk Management, and Compliance
- Successful regular exposure to Director and VP levels within IT and the Business
- Understanding of corporate Governance, Risk, and Compliance functions
- Consistently demonstrated growth in their own skills & leadership.
- 10+ years of experience with information and network security and vulnerability management, with increasing leadership responsibilities.
- Broad knowledge and hands-on experience with information security technologies and solutions such as IDS/IPS, SIEM, UTM, Firewalls, EDR, DNS protection, VPN and anti-virus technologies.
- Experience with regulatory compliance, including SOX, GDPR and HIPAA, and familiarity with well-established security standards and frameworks such as ISO 27001, NIST SP 800-53 and COBIT.
- History running and participating in incident response procedures and table-top exercises.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management and security.
- Understands security challenges associated with remote workers.
- Experience with endpoint protection and management components for both macOS and Windows.
- Understands common threat vectors applicable to the corporate environment including phishing.
- Experience with designing and running security awareness campaigns and initiatives.
- Familiarity with network administration and visibility concepts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with demonstrated ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability
- Extensive experience with automating security logging and monitoring systems and log analysis tools.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.