Senior Manager, SOX Compliance at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the team
The Senior Manager of SOX Compliance is responsible for ensuring Financial controls and IT General Controls are consistently applied with in our environment. They would report to SVP, Chief Accounting Officer at Angi, Inc. The business is complicated, and this role must ensure that our internal process and controls within the organization meet the ever-evolving needs of the greater business. This individual is also responsible for participating in various internal and external audits and recommending and designing SOX processes and controls with management across the business.
What you’ll do
- Assist in the examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the company's system of internal controls in financial, operational, technology and compliance activities.
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and related corporate governance initiatives
- Assist with performance of risk assessments to support the development of the overall Internal Audit Plan
- Coordinate all required 404 and internal controls testing including:
- Planning, coordinating, and facilitating audit walkthroughs
- Managing the distribution and receipt of external and internal audit request
- Coordinate with IT Compliance on the design of application controls
- Communicate results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management
- Review and evaluate internal control systems and policies and procedures and help identify and implement corrective actions
- Lead in the design and implementation of controls for company strategic initiatives or projects
- Create and maintain all corporate policies, control documentations and flowcharts
- Understand and assist with Information Security Audits including vulnerability management assessments, software development life cycle reviews, and privacy assessments
- Provide training and guidance to teams across the business on effective internal control procedures
Who you are
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Finance-related degree
- At least five years of corporate audit and/or public accounting experience
- Must be proactive in identifying process improvements and take initiative to diagnosis and remediate potential issues
- Must work well in a team setting and be able to foster inter-departmental cooperation in compliance efforts
- Must have experience leading a diverse team
- Thorough understanding of audit methodologies and processes (e.g., COSO, COBIT, GAAS)
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects/assignments
- Must be articulate and confident in communication of ideas, issues, and resolutions to a broad audience (e.g. executive management, staff, internal & external auditors, etc.)
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters
- Online subscription model business experience a plus.
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world