We're looking for a Senior Manager, Abstraction Training to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Unstructured Data Processing Operations (UDP Ops) team to design and build educational products that train our large, remote clinical data abstraction workforce. Reporting to the Director of UDP Operations, you'll lead the Abstraction Training team to develop the abstractor learning experience, options for training content development, and team operations. Training the abstractor workforce enables Flatiron Health to create high-quality, in-depth clinical data at-scale to fuel our Research data product, and ultimately, learn from the experience of every cancer patient. In addition, you'll also:
- Develop and execute the strategic roadmap for the Abstraction Training team including identifying key challenges, setting goals, prioritizing work, and communicating with internal stakeholders
- Equip the abstractor workforce with the education needed to process unstructured data at a high quality and efficiency through development of training products in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Scale the measurable impact of the Abstraction Training by defining metrics of success and implementing new use cases, tools, or workflows
- Create and maintain the standards and processes to create, deploy, track, and maintain training content
- Manage the Abstraction Training team, including providing feedback, removing roadblocks, coaching, capacity management, and hiring
- Improve the abstractor learning experience through implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive Training platform
The Senior Manager, Abstraction Training will work collaboratively with other Unstructured Data Processing Operations teams (Clinical Data, Clinical Abstraction, Clinical Quality, Abstraction Operations) as well as across Research Teams.
Who You Are
You're a skilled manager with 4+ years experience in developing training content and 3+ years experience managing people. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have experience building and scaling a training team and program (preferred for adult learners)
- You have knowledge of creative training techniques, accelerated learning, Learning & Development best practices, and evaluation standards
- You have experience with multimedia, video editing, e-learning authoring software (Articulate, Captivate), Learning Management Systems (Docebo), and SCORM asset management
- You have strong project management and organizational skills
- You have a problem solving mindset and demonstrated ability to deliver results; ability to distill complex issues and translate them into concrete action plans
- You have a nose for value; ability to effectively prioritize in a challenging, time-sensitive environment
- You are a self-starter who can and independently prioritize and address problems in a highly ambiguous environment
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Extra Credit (Optional to add extra credit)
- You have a degree or certification related to instructional design, especially with a focus on digital and adult learning
- You have a nursing degree, healthcare experience or comfort with oncology terms
- You have experience at a startup
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics