Senior Manager, Transportation at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way we get dressed as the ultimate destination for circular fashion, offering infinite points of access to the world’s first Closet in the Cloud via a customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. Founded in 2009, the brand pioneered this concept across fashion, disrupting a $2.4 trillion industry and inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
The Senior Manager, Transportation (Supply Chain: Drop Box / Lockers) is responsible for executing and scaling Rent the Runway’s transportation network strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging multiple business partners both internal and external to ensure best in class customer experience across multiple carriers and distribution centers.
What You'll Do:
- Implement outbound, inbound and internal shipping strategies in partnership with operations and supply chain leadership, ensuring all programs meet rigorous standards for customer experience, financial performance and operational efficiency.
- Build working relationships with operational counterparts at each carrier, acting as primary point of contact with the goal of driving continuous improvement along with maximum flexibility and responsiveness in the event of the unexpected.
- Conduct weekly quality calls with carriers to discuss delivery performance, exceptions and timeliness of arrival and dispatch, resulting in concrete, measurable, action plans.
- Act as primary contact for retail and CX teams to ensure that the transportation strategy is meeting their needs and they are complying with all policies.
- Onboard and offboard carriers from network as applicable, negotiate pricing and manage compliance with performance standards, reporting and other obligations.
- Determine and execute emergency recovery strategies as necessary in response to natural disasters, warehouse outages or other disruptions.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to scale RTR’s network of physical drop off and pickup locations, including optimizing transportation strategy in each market, building process to address common support requests and developing a playbook for the launch of new markets and locations.
- Partner with transportation analytics and other stakeholders on the development of shrinkage and cost reporting in connection with the drop box and internal retail networks
- Create leverage for the supply chain team through the design and implementation of a comprehensive dock clerk training program including SOPs, metrics and processes for evaluating progress.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes and policies.
- 6+ years of professional experience or relevant internships in a highly analytical, data intensive and/or strategic role, preferably with significant experience in Supply Chain and/or online retail
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Analytics, Business Administration or other applicable field required
- MBA or relevant Master’s Degree (Operations, Supply Chain) from a graduate program with demonstrated high academic achievement preferred
- You are capable of making decisions independently
- You have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
- Strong analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view and improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for challenges
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.