The Product Design User Research team is scaling to continue the innovation, iteration, and optimization of Peloton's hardware, software, and content. Our Senior Managers mentor and develop the researchers on the team, while also managing week-to-week bandwidth and resources. They develop and maintain relationships with product managers, UX designers, software developers, hardware engineers, and data analysts to ensure the User Research team is meeting the needs of the organization by supporting and driving product roadmaps. Managers report to and partner closely with the Director, User Research in defining the growth trajectory for the team, including hiring and structure.
The Senior Manager, User Research manages 3-6 researchers across 5-10 work streams in finding resolutions across the timelines, methodologies, and rigor of research initiatives based on a company goals and team resources. A successful candidate has a proven track record of building and directing high-performing teams and bringing out researchers’ strengths. You will become a reliable, strategic partner to product stakeholders by demonstrating the value of user research. This role may be largely hands-off when it comes to research execution, but a willingness and ability to be hands-on when needed is necessary.
PLEASE NOTE: Cover Letter Encouraged along with Resume for application.
- Manage user research priorities while working with your team of researchers to define roadmaps for their respective workstreams
- Identify and prioritize short-term and long-term research across a team of researchers, defining appropriate opportunities for embedded researchers versus one-off support
- Manage multiple researchers of varied experience levels across hardware, software, and content initiatives
- Provide feedback and guidance throughout the research process from choosing methodologies to refining analysis and insights
- Proactively manage the growth and development of researchers
- Identify risks, opportunities, and priorities across multiple research initiatives
- Guide user research throughout the product life-cycle from generative research to iterative testing to feedback loops, allocating the best-fit researchers and appropriate resources for the need
- Advise researchers on management of stakeholder relationships and interpreting each stakeholder’s unique needs
- Guide researchers’ delivery of actionable and relevant insights
- Demonstrate prioritization of diversity, accessibility, and inclusion in user research approaches and execution
- As part of the user research leadership team:
- continue to evolve tools and processes, standardizing where appropriate
- Work in partnership with other research functions including consumer insights, product analytics, and field testing
- build the user research brand
- aid in the hiring, development, and retention of researchers
- Bachelor’s degree or significant experience conducting user research
- 7+ years of experience with any research discipline: quantitative research, qualitative research, market research, and/or user research
- Including 4+years of managing researchers
- Including 2+years of experience with software and/or hardware user research specifically
- Experience directly conducting primary research end-to-end
- Experience building research teams over time through hiring, growing, and retaining high-performing researcher team(s)
- Experience defining product design research strategy
- Experience working with cross-functional peers and stakeholders (e.g. product managers, data scientists, product designers, engineers, marketing)
- Masters or Doctorate degree
- Experience with both software and hardware product research
- Experience collaborating with other research and insights teams internally
- 5+years of user research experience specifically
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.