Senior Manager, Workplace Services
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager, Workplace Services to join our Workplace team. Reporting directly to the Head of Workplace, the day-to-day security, safety and appearance of our locations will rest securely on your shoulders. You'll be responsible for maintaining the structure, fabric and services of the premises in accordance with the highest standards of quality and safety ensuring that the building is statutory compliant and our services create exceptional experiences. If you thrive in an exciting and evolving environment, you'll play a critical part in scaling our team.
- Responsible for maintenance and presentation of our facilities.
- Oversight of Workplace Security.
- Determine and develop program standard practices and procedures.
- Provide security education and awareness, conducts security briefings, and participate in self inspections and audits.
- Manage vendor relationships within remit of role and seek out vendor options and competitive pricing.
- Support the effective management of budgets and forecast.
- Support with the delivery of new locations as required.
- Support with strategic planning aimed at developing better services for our people.
- Ensure an effective communication processes is established across teams and client bases.
- Manage day-to-day operations of any direct reports within your select group of offices.
- Co-ordinate seamless service delivery across the business by proactively supporting wider Workplace Services Team.
- Oversee performance management of direct reports ensuring they have the tools available to effectively deliver for our people.
- To maintain good working knowledge of scope.
- To manage helpdesk queue request.
- Effective use of other systems as required by the job.
- Co-ordination of internal office systems and data management.
- Monitor client perception and satisfaction ensuring we are exceeding expectations.
- Work with wider Workplace Services Team to continually review and improve the experience delivered to our people.
- Support the creation of guidelines and procedures to improve efficiencies for security, facilities, mailroom and internal events operations.
- Work closely with internal teams in the management of all in-house and third-party events; including the scheduling, set-up and building support requirements for these events.
- Manage special projects as necessary.
- Manage space planning, including working with departments/teams to understand growth and attrition rates, manage restacks and evaluate of storage needs.
Any other duties that may be required and which are considered by the line manager to be consistent with the level and the general responsibilities of the post.
- At least 3 years hands on experience manage a team with variable skills/capabilities.
- At least 5 years hands on project, property, facility, security or hospitality management experience.
- Experience with vendor management, furniture reconfigurations, and safety and security procedures.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, seamlessly combing both delegation to personnel and direct line-item contribution to detailed projects.
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines with very little supervision.
- Exceptional client service skills.
- Ability to effectively and succinctly communicate complex processes and recommendations to senior executives.
- Ability to self-generate necessary documents and reports, including RFP’s, analysis spreadsheet and succinct but comprehensive summary and recommendation emails and papers.
- Demonstrate our culture of service excellence and must have a sense of dignity, pride and satisfaction in work.
- Outstanding organizational and follow-through skills. Meticulous attention to detail is a must.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Sense of humor.
- Eye for detail.