We are looking for a Senior Manager/Director, Business Development Operations to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role and our team.
What You'll Do
The Business Development team is responsible for identifying and driving key business opportunities at Flatiron in three areas: (1) strategic partnerships (2) M&A and (3) new market development. We are looking for people who will not only develop strategies to accelerate Flatiron’s growth, but will also drive their execution to deliver results. Some examples of our work include bringing new products to market with a partner (e.g., developing a joint clinico-genomic data product with Foundation Medicine), launching new companies (e.g., OneOncology), and incubating new product offerings / market launches.
In this role, you'll work within the Business Development (BD) team to operationalize strategic partnerships (e.g., Foundation Medicine) and BD-led initiatives, as well as lead the execution of new partnerships that advance Flatiron’s business objectives.
We’re looking for an individual who is excited to work cross-functionally, with external partners and is willing to roll up their sleeves to drive ambiguous projects forward. This job requires strengths in stakeholder and project management, comfort with ambiguity, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
In addition, you'll also:
- Serve as the primary owner and proactive point of contact in managing and growing Flatiron’s strategic partnership with Foundation Medicine, including leading governance activities, operationalizing new initiatives, and continuously improving the collaboration model.
- Provide operations and project management expertise for other new BD initiatives.
- Identify, prioritize, and execute new strategic partnerships that advance Flatiron’s core business objectives.
As the Senior Manager or Director, BD Operations you’ll work with cross-functional teams across the organization, contributing to the evolution of our new and existing partnerships and helping scale new business initiatives.
Who You Are
You're an operationally-oriented individual who thrives on building relationships and creating efficiencies for teams. You have 5+ years in an Operations, Partnerships or Alliance Management role. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
In addition, you:
- Are a strong operator who can develop and drive forward complex project plans from conception to delivery in collaboration with leaders across the company.
- Have exceptional project and program management skills, with the ability to keep multiple simultaneous projects and processes on track and maintain accountability.
- Have a proven ability to cultivate and strengthen relationships internally and externally across a matrix of roles and areas of expertise.
- Are experienced acting as the voice of the customer/partner and providing key customer context to internal business and product teams to inform go to market decisions.
- Understand customer dynamics in the healthcare industry, with a track record of successfully managing complex stakeholders to deliver products and services.
- Can navigate organizational cultures and teams at both Flatiron and partners.
- Can drive change management initiatives by creating alignment among cross-functional stakeholders and being perceptive to the needs of others.
- Are an excellent verbal and written communicator
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.