Senior Network Architect at Peloton
We are seeking a Senior Network Architect to join our team. You will be a member of the Enterprise I.T. Infrastructure Team responsible for ensuring a global highly-available network to enable Peloton’s growing global presence. This includes architecting, defining standards, engineering, implementing, maintaining and supporting our wired and wireless data network, voice systems, firewalls, physical security devices, and VPN. You will also partner with our Information Security team to design, implement, maintain and support security principles and best practices for our internal user community to align with the best-in-class security services.
- Establish global corporate networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Manage relationships and activities with key network equipment/software suppliers and professional services teams.
- Maximize and ensure stable network performance through monitoring and proactive maintenance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; network optimization, performance management and capacity planning.
- Ensure uptime and monitoring of all network infrastructure and circuits internationally
- Report on network capacity by collecting, analyzing, prioritizing and formatting information as appropriate for the intended audience
- Design globally consistent secure network infrastructure by partnering with the information security team to establish and enforce policies; define and monitor access
- Plan and perform network upgrades, expansions and new implementation projects
- Evaluate partner solution portfolio roadmaps and new technologies for potential deployment across Peloton’s entire footprint of retail stores, warehouses, call centers, and offices globally.
- Provide troubleshooting guidance and training for Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT support
- Provide 24x7 Tier 3 IT Network Support
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, etc.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, and Palo Alto is a must.
- 10+ years of experience with network engineering, architecture, and design with 4+ years in a senior role placing emphasis on setting standards
- Combined experience should include:
- 6+ years network architecture design and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 5+ years network design and support of public cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- 4+ year experience with *nix systems and general use
- 2+ years scripting or coding experience with one or more languages
- 8+ years hands-on experience with network engineering
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example and approach technical problems with creative solutions
- Strong knowledge of internetworking designs and their applications, to include IP subnetting and complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks & security
- Routing & Switching architecture, design of large scale networks
- Understanding of SDN/SDDC (Software Defined Network or Datacenter – full stack – (compute, storage, network) including experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, or related technologies
- Multiple successful implementations of (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Cisco routers and switches, VPN connections, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco Lightweight Wireless Access Points, and Meraki.
- Subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP and other network routing methods.
- Knowledge of project life cycle management
- Network device installation and testing
- Virtualization technologies
- Secure network architectures, including Beyond/Zero Trust frameworks
- High availability network design and technology
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
- Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
- Must have knowledge of networking features and protocols such as spanning tree, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, current WAN/MAN telecommunications technologies and Web caching services (proxy server) and 802.1x.
- Additional areas of expertise in areas such as VoIP and Call Center management are desired
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.