Operations sits at the heart of Betterment, partnering cross-functionally as we drive forward on mission-critical initiatives across the business. Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will have a 360-degree view of the company, working with Finance, Product, Engineering, Legal/Compliance, and Analytics to drive the business forward. No two days will look the same. You will balance core business operations (coordinating planning, managing incidents, improving processes) with one or more strategic initiatives at a given time. You may be asked to stand up a new operations function, negotiate with and implement a vendor, or analyze and improve our liquidity management. Better yet, you’ll tell us where you see gaps, and proactively work to improve the business. You’ll become the glue connecting the broader organization, and with a hand in every function, and will shape the growth of the business.
You are passionate about developing efficient and scalable operations. You’re not a financial analyst, yet you are excited to build a financial model. You’re not a lawyer, but you know your way around a contract. You’re not in compliance, however you can speak fluently about regulations. You love being at the center of any issue. You thrive when leading cross-functional projects from start to finish. You know that it is more than just planning, and that follow-through is everything. You’re excited to work at a full-stack company, where we own everything from customer messaging to back end processing. You love collaborating, learning, and explaining complex systems to others. You are adept at fostering consensus, creating process, solving problems, and ultimately building a better product.A Day in the Life:
- Partner with product and engineering to expand the Betterment offering, working on business cases, researching new products, or operationalizing a new line of business
- Develop policies and procedures to codify and scale operations, introducing best in class standards across the teams
- Create a comprehensive roadmap and strategy for the entire operations organization, and implement appropriate metrics and reporting
- Build relationships with our finance, legal, compliance, and customer service departments to manage and resolve escalated issues in the most efficient manner
- Conduct due diligence on potential partners, analyze pricing, and implement new vendors across the operations landscape
- Relevant work experience in investing, banking, consulting, or other financial services roles, particularly focusing on operations and execution
- A passion for investing and a broad knowledge of the securities industry, including applicable regulations
- Ability to draft clear policies and procedures, and apply these across disciplines on a growing team
- Experience communicating technical concepts, questions and problems for non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work in diverse, dynamic environment and effectively collaborate across teams, especially by managing without authority
- Analytical prowess with strong excel skills and meticulous attention to detail
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is one of the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.