At Peloton, we are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner that will be a strategic thought partner responsible for overseeing the People function for our Product Development Team, and Finance Team located in New York City.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and partnering with line managers and stakeholders by providing high level advice and guidance to ensure all risk to the business is understood and mitigated with regards to people management, engagement, policy, and decision making. You will promote a positive Employee Relations environment, developing and coaching stakeholders in delivering a legally compliant and consistent best practice approach to create and sustain our high-performing, associate-centric culture. You will drive a strategic approach to team member engagement, development, connected leadership, and diversity, equity, and belonging.
- Identify root-cause issues, match people strategies to business strategies, and deliver global programs that drive results and strong employee engagement
- Learn, anticipate and quickly become embedded with the business as a trusted business leader and advisor, not only of People initiatives but broadly
- Consistently coach and advise senior leaders on their effectiveness, help their raise their own performance bar
- Develop and steward holistic talent plan for internal client group
- Proactively manage legal risk; ensures manager and employee compliance with company policies and procedures, and governmental regulations, conduct investigations as needed
- Respond to employee questions regarding but not limited to the following: employee relations, company policies, leadership and employee development, compensation
- Leverage data to create People dashboards with the business, taking an analytical and metrics-driven approach to solutions and drawing insights to create compelling narratives for change
- Builds and fosters an inclusive and diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission & values
- Build and develop people manager skills and leadership team effectiveness
- Build collaborative, influential internal and external relationships with Operations, Legal and People leaders as well as other critical stakeholders to gather information, feedback, support and necessary resources to develop and execute ER strategies and programs.
- Troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal and external barriers.
- Travel: This is a position that requires travel domestically and international; up to 30% of the time.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in generalist Human Resources management preferably within the engineering, tech, or retail industry
- Required proficiency, knowledge, and experience in all HR processes: selection & employment (sourcing strategies, interviewing skills, Employment laws, on-boarding), employee relations, compensation, benefits administration, workers compensation, and talent management
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations
- Strong planning and project management skills and ability to apply these skills in effective working partnerships across organizational lines
- Experience in coaching and providing training for business partners and managers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including leadership, influencing, and relationship-building across functions
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Knowledge of and experience with HR systems (ATS, HRIS, Performance Management)
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including group facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to travel 30% depending on company needs
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.