We're looking for a Senior Product Manager, Spotlight to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
Flatiron Research is focused on innovating in the Real-World Evidence (RWE) space. Our technology-first approach has allowed us to build RWE data sets with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other data set that is available. We have active partnerships with top-tier academic medical centers, the top 15 biopharma companies in oncology, and the FDA, all focused on using RWE to answer critical questions quickly and safely.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the product and research team to partner with Flatiron Life Science Partnerships team and clients to scope new projects using Flatiron’s proprietary RWE data and analytics platform. You'll be responsible for scoping, owning project plans, and delivering these projects end-to-end to ensure on-time delivery of high quality data and analytics output. You will engage with clients throughout the projects and ensure successful project delivery and client satisfaction. In addition, you'll also:
- Manage a portfolio of 3-5 projects in parallel and prioritize tasks across projects and teams based on comprehensive judgement of trade-offs
- Lead problem-solving discussions with internal stakeholders (e.g., Life Sciences Partnerships, Research Oncology, Clinical Data Abstraction, Product, Engineering, and Quantitative Sciences) to ensure that all necessary inputs are considered and the team collectively makes clinically and scientifically sound decisions
- Track and communicate progress and decisions clearly and regularly to internal and external stakeholders
- Create clear and consistent documentation of processes and decisions
- Create and standardize processes so that each project is easier, faster and/or of higher quality than the last one
You’ll be our key liaison between our Life Sciences Partnerships, Research Oncology, Clinical Data Abstraction, Product, Engineering, and Quantitative Sciences teams to drive projects while scaling Flatiron’s long-term research offerings.
Who You Are
You are skilled in project management, analytical/quantitative thinking, structured communication (both oral and written) and excited about learning and becoming an expert for Flatiron’s data and analytics. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years of work experience in one of the following types of highly structured or scientific environments: academic hospital, management/healthcare consulting, research foundation, or CRO/ARO
- You are a superb project management and communication skills
- You have experience working on cross-functional teams
- You are passionate about Flatiron’s mission
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have an advanced degree:MBA, MHA, MPH, MS, PhD
- You have experience with or deep understanding of scientific methodologies or statistics
- You have experience with clinical research, especially in the community oncology or clinical trials network settings
- You have experience in epidemiological or outcomes research (real-world evidence)
- You have experience in client-facing roles
- You are familar with data generated from EMR
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.