Senior Software License & Asset Management Analyst at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
At MSK, we are on a multi-year journey to transform all aspects of the cancer care industry. We are driving forward with innovative ideas and the development of leading-edge digital offerings. To support this effort, we are seeking an experienced, hardworking, and creative individual to join us as Sr. Software License & Asset Management Analyst, in our Digital Informatics & Technology Solutions (DigITs) organization.
Your role will have a critical part in designing and implementing software license and asset management strategies for all data center IT applications utilized throughout MSK, enabling outstanding cancer research, clinical care, and education across the enterprise. This is a significant responsibility which includes up to and over 400 applications. In addition to being a part of a new SLAM organization, you will assist in the development of SLAM policies, processes and procedures. In this capacity, you will interface and influence key internal DigITs technology partners such as IT Procurement, IT Finance and the IT Contracts as well as external partners. To succeed you will be encouraged to operationalize people, processes, and technology to eliminate legal and financial risk.
- Collect and maintain accurate software licensing information in SLAM tool
- Develop, run and distribute reports for software compliance, inventory, financial data, maintenance contracts, SaaS and subscription contracts
- Assist in the development of SLAM policies, processes and procedures
- Work with IT Procurement and IT Contracts to ensure all legacy and new software entitlements are recorded in the SLAM tool
- Perform internal self-audits
- Assist in external vendor audits
- Ensure expiring maintenance, subscription and SaaS contracts are renewed after software re-harvesting and license optimization takes place
- Respond to request for new software installations and existing software transfers
- Continuously identify cost savings opportunities
Our ideal candidate has:
- 7-10 years of demonstrated ability in Software Asset Management
- Deep understanding of complex data center licenses
- Knowledge of product use rights for major data center publishers such as Microsoft (SQL Server), Oracle, IBM, SAP, VMware, Symantec
- Experience with Healthcare software applications preferred
- Experience with SAM tools such as Flexera, Snow, ServiceNow, Aspera
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving skills
- IAITAM or CSAM certification a plus
Location: NYC - Midtown East near Grand Central or Remote
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day at MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.