Senior Systems Administrator at Casper
We are looking to hire a skilled Systems Administrator to manage and maintain our corporate devices and systems. In this role, your primary responsibility will be installing and upgrading Windows-based systems and VM’s. You will also help maintain the security and stability of our devices via our MDM platforms, which will involve some support for Apple devices as well.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
- Take the lead in assessing the stability, security, and scalability of installed Windows systems.
- Support the other members of the Systems Admin team in managing installed Apple systems.
- Providing technical support for staff and system users.
- Maintaining server architecture security and creating system backups.
- Troubleshooting system and reviewing system error logs and user-reported errors.
- Managing user access and user security profiles through MDM.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to create scripts in Python, or similar languages.
- Some knowledge of the windows command line and/or Powershell
- Experience with patch management (via MDM), and networks including LAN and WAN.
- Knowledge of network security, intrusion detection and data backup systems.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills, driven by data.
- Some experience working with AWS services
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!