Senior Systems Analyst at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Ready to take the next steps in your healthcare career at MSK? Are you excited by the opportunity to work with a diverse set of partners?
We are seeking a Systems Analyst Sr. to join the Division of Health Informatics. DHI focuses on the interaction of people, processes, and technology to support the exceptional patient care delivered at MSK. In this role, you will report to the Manager, Clinical Systems.
As a Systems Analyst Sr. you will:
- Lead interdepartmental teams in the implementation of system enhancements, changes and fixes, including documentation of functional design specifications, system configuration and testing.
- Plan, manage and lead the development, implementation, ongoing maintenance, security administration, interfaces, report generation, testing, improvements, user training and support of custom applications. Monitor the systems daily to ensure data integrity, consistency and accuracy.
- Develop structured documentation and templates to support on-line clinical documentation and ensure compliance with Institutional, Federal Coding and Billing compliance rules and regulations.
- Manage and maintain system functionality in a 24x7 environment specifically regarding the implementation and testing of functionality outside business hours.
- Provide on-call production support for rollouts and serve as primary contact for Help Desk support.
- Provide post implementation on-site and remote support to clinical and operational users. Accommodate flexible work hours required by this type of support.
- Analyze and perform configuration changes and modifications based on requests from the Chiefs of Services, Attending staff and Operational Managers in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Physician, Nursing and IS staff in the implementation of new system functionality.
- Provide detailed comprehensive functional, interface, regression and integration testing of new system releases.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and implement solutions to system related problems to minimize operational impact.
- Lead education of DHI training staff members and serve as a content expert to aid design and development of detailed training materials for distribution to clinical staff.
- An effective communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about exploring creative solutions to solve problems and address issues using the delivered and custom-developed tools.
- Experienced in clinical systems implementations and support including system configuration, maintenance and software upgrades.
- Ability to run multiple projects, handle confidential information, make independent decisions and use good judgment.
- Experience in using configuration tools to develop clinical documentation or related experience a plus.
- Knowledge of systems analysis and application implementations
- Knowledge of workflow processes and process reengineering within a computerized environment
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, negotiating, troubleshooting, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in developing and using test plans, documentation of testing results/outcomes
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to complete our tech assessment and/or schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns)-> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit or video call with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
We look forward to meeting soon!