WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We're looking for a talented Senior Technical Data Consultant to join our Data Services Team. We work closely with our customers during onboarding to integrate the Braze into their products and with existing customers to improve their use of Braze. You’ll be side-by-side with the product and engineering teams at some of the fastest growing and most innovative brands, like Postmates, Microsoft, ibotta, Domino’s, and OkCupid. For many of these companies, the mobile app is their flagship product and the face of their brand. You’ll work with brands like these as an extension of their team to help solve their challenges with customer engagement.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about data and prototyping and will have experience managing, scoping and delivering technical projects, aligning stakeholders, working with Data Scientists and have top-of-the-line people skills. You should have examples of projects that you’ve managed end-to-end from design to finished product. You should be great at managing your own time, breaking down complicated problems, troubleshooting, and rapidly iterating on a product.
- Work directly with Data Scientists to research and prototype new products for our customers
- Work directly with customer’s data, marketing and BI teams to understand their data needs
- Leverage data and automate decision-making for our customers
- Lead execution of high ambiguity projects
- Optimize internal processes to shorten customer time to value and other internal KPIs.
- Ideate and execute new areas of research
- Travel to Braze’s global offices and customer base to deliver presentations and provide data expertise on-site (up to 30% travel time).
WHO YOU ARE
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, business management or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience with Cloud Databases/Data Warehouses (Snowflake/Redshift/BigQuery, etc)
- 4+ years of project management experience, ideally in a research and development capacity
- Experience working hand-in-hand with technical experts (Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Managers)
- Experience building web-services like APIs and various data structures (JSON/AVRO/Parquet, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a user-centric attitude.
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others.
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics or business management
- Experience working in Reserach & Development organizations
- Experience managing engineers and other technical stakeholders
- Python or Go knowledge
- Atlassian or other Project Tracking Software experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.