Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Financial Operations
The Financial Operations and Accounting Teams at Gemini are thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and reconciliation space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Supplier Relations, Lead
Gemini is looking to expand its Supplier Relations team with the addition of a Lead. With Procurement and Supplier Management as a function of the Financial Operations Team, we are thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and reconciliation space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
This Sourcing Lead role offers a unique opportunity to combine Strategic Sourcing with Procurement Operations. You'll be responsible for supporting stakeholders across Technology, Compliance, Marketing, Sales, and more to help foster innovation and growth. You'll also be partnering closely with Legal, Security, and Risk to ensure compliance of the Supplier Relations Policy.
In this role you will have the opportunity to create and influence the Procurement and Supplier Management framework and procedures, helping to strike a healthy/efficient balance between process and innovation. Gemini will be looking for an individual who can think creatively to marry the world of traditional procurement practices/procedures with a modern and innovative twist to remove inefficiencies and non-value added activities.
The Crypto-Currency space is ever evolving and the Gemini Spaceship moves at the speed of light. As a respected leader in the space, Gemini is uniquely positioned to help influence the development of our industry. We are looking for an ambitious self starter who thrives in a world of unknown and critical problem solving. This Analyst should be motivated by challenging the status quo and isn't afraid to roll their sleeves up to help.
- Assist with management of Sourcing and Supplier Management framework including process, procedures, and controls.
- Work cross-functionality as a strategic partner to the Legal, Risk, and GRC functions to carry out necessary procurement, sourcing, and supplier management activities.
- Perform category management and service stakeholders across the organization (Compliance, Tech, FinOps, People, Marketing, Comms, Sales, Corp Dev, Product/Project Management, etc).
- Manage all aspects of sourcing/procurement related activities (creating purchase orders, building and maintaining supplier relationships, RFPs, contract negotiations, service renewals, and monitoring quality and service).
- Complete thorough competitive pricing analysis to develop and carry-out negotiation strategies.
- Lead the review and commercial negotiation of complex or large scale agreements with suppliers, subcontractors, and external clients; partnering with Legal and stakeholders to complete the contract review process.
- Support all Gemini related entities globally leveraging synergy and economies of scale when possible.
- Anticipate future needs of the business and work to mitigate exposure through commercial and contract negotiations.
- Support budgeting process, development/validation of business cases, and establishment of critical ROI frameworks across the firm.
- Provide training and education of the Sourcing process as needed.
- Launch and manage RFPs; developing and refining templates and documentation where possible to drive speed and efficiency.
- Prioritize competing initiatives and deadlines with limited oversight.
- Conduct Spend Analysis to Identify and implement new opportunities for continuous improvement, cost savings, cost avoidance, growth, consolidation, and proactively track progress towards these objectives
- 5+ years of sourcing, procurement and supplier/contract management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, or another related field
- Strong practical and demonstrated knowledge in all phases of sourcing, procurement, supplier/contract management (policies, procedures, practices, POs, management, etc.)
- Effective Stakeholder Relationship Management skills including the ability to make and influence critical decisions
- Experience with onboarding and management of Suppliers including: contract review, quality control, issue resolution, service renewals, and termination/off-boarding.
- Robust Category and Spend Management experience
- Desire to learn and grow with a willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Development and implementation of Sourcing/Procurement Operations, CoE, and/or continuous improvement
- Experience working with Legal, Technical, and Security teams.
- In-depth experience with Commercial and Contract Negotiations including contract review and redlining.
- Experience supporting Technology, and Marketing teams and suppliers (including SaaS, Professional Services, and Creative Agencies) is a plus.
- Experience with use and/or implementation of ERP/P2P/S2P systems and software
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.