Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are-bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking an innovative, execution-focused Senior Associate, Stars/HEDIS Quality Improvement. In this role, you will own the identification, development, and implementation of key strategies to provide the highest level of care to members. To achieve this goal you will analyze quality data, align with Market Operations and Clinical teams regarding performance vs. goals, and develop performance improvement plans with Market teams.
The optimal candidate learns quickly, takes initiative, displays an analytical mindset, communicates exceptionally well, and works collaboratively with all team members. If you like rolling up your sleeves to solve complex challenges, have deep experience gathering information, analyzing data, synthesizing findings, and communicating with executive audiences and front line workers, and are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, we want to hear from you!
- Own the relationship with cross-functional teams to align on measure requirements, improvement goals and develop performance improvement plans
- Monitor internal tracking of quality metrics performance by market to identify risks and opportunities to achieve goals
- You will be responsible for clearly communicating status updates, roadblocks, and identifying remediation tactics to internal and external stakeholders
- Involved with implementation of quality initiatives in markets
- You will support relationship management with the health plans and are expected to maintain clear, professional communication as a representative of Cityblock
- Address operational issues as they arise
Requirements for the Role:
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare related experience in HEDIS and Stars
- 5+ year of experience in quality improvement/management, and/or population health management
- You have a strong understanding of HEDIS and STARs including technical specifications, NCQA, CMS and how to drive improvement strategies
- 3+ years of experience in Medicare, ACA, Marketplace lines of business
- You have experience reviewing large data sets (in excel and data systems), developing performance dashboards, and communicating trends to diverse stakeholders
- You will have 5+ years of experience in Excel and data reporting tools.
- You have experience with to value-based care models and the national payer and risk-bearing provider landscape, as well as digital health trends and new entrants
- Proven ability to develop Project Charters, Project and Business Plans to identity, implement & track projects & quality improvement initiatives
- Proven ability to think quickly and solve problems in the moment
- Willing to travel as needed (Post-COVID, from 0% to 25% on week-by-week variable basis) to perform essential duties to work closely with in-market stakeholders
How We Define Success:
- Align market teams to quality goals, performance status and improvement opportunities
- Create and rollout detailed strategy to drive performance improvement in markets
- Develop metrics to ensure initiatives are on track to achieve goals
- Communicate effectively with Markets and plan partners to drive high value relationships
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Prior experience working with Electronic Medical Records
- Experience working in primary care start-ups
- Prior experience in a start-up setting
- Experience with G-Suite
- Intermediate experience with Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization tools
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.