Sr. Client Services Manager, Payroll at Namely
Our platform is disrupting the industry in how organizations view the HR function. You will join our expanding Client Operations team and will be integral in delivering a client experience that will drive our business forward. You’ll be an important part of creating a great client experience for our Managed Payroll clients.
As the Sr. Client Services Manager of our Managed Payroll team, you will lead a team of individual contributors and a people manager responsible for supporting Namely’s high touch clients and providing an exceptional client experience. Managed Payroll is a proven Namely service offering designed to reduce clients’ workloads, keep them compliant, and provide time savings. Learn more about the offering here.
- Lead a team of Payroll Consultants and Payroll Specialists who are responsible for:
- Accurate payroll auditing
- Proactive quarter-end and year-end task and review management
- Consultation on payroll industry & the Namely payroll product
- Handling issue mitigation and de-escalation
- Drive efficiency across the Managed Payroll team by ensuring timely and accurate payroll processing cycles and providing resolutions for payroll administrative tasks and compliance issues.
- Develop strategy to drive client retention and experience as we elevate the service offering
- Collaborate with leaders across Payroll Operations, Client Operations, and Product and serve as a payroll subject matter expert to advise on compliance updates and best practices.
- Lead teams handling end-to-end payroll processing for clients ensuring workload balance and tool utilization to efficiently complete tasks
- Accountable for the strategy and vision of our Managed Payroll function
- Monitor overall team success metrics by:
- Reviewing team rates of ticket closure, customer satisfaction (CSAT), Service Level Agreement (SLA) Pass Rate, and quality assurance (QA)
- Identifying improvement projects (e.g. individual performance coaching, team training on certain ticket types)
- Develop and expand the skill set of people leaders and individual contributors by:
- Meeting with their consultants via 1x1s on a consistent basis
- Leveraging these meetings to develop career plans/trajectories for their consultants
- Ensuring consultants are constantly leveraging their resources to become more cross functional
- Present team performance weekly to senior leadership and identify trends, areas of opportunity, and action plans
- Partner with key stakeholders to create and execute team strategy
- Lead cross functional initiatives aligned to the department and company goals
- Create internal processes and implement across the teams
- Align strategic actions to business goal critical to client retention and effectively communicate potential roadblocks
- 5+ years of experience in HR, payroll and/or benefits service delivery, specifically in an environment that includes complex issue resolution, service recovery and escalation management
- 3-5 years of direct management experience in a service delivery capacity
- Strong leadership skills with experience leading client-facing service delivery teams and track record of cultivating teams who provide the highest level of service with uncompromising integrity
- A demonstrated passion for making clients successful while empowering teams to achieve desired outcomes independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including proven ability to manage sensitive conversations in high-stakes situations
- Business acumen, including resource management, business planning, and complex problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully build strong relationships with client executives and design service delivery practices to drive business results
- Ability to successfully project manage initiatives from inception through launch by determining strategy, creating project plans, and ensuring execution
- Background in driving efficiencies and building process
- BS/BA Degree
- Pay Accuracy Percentage
- Team Case Closure/Productivity
- Team SLA Pass Rate
- Team TSS Average
- Client Retention
This position has a salary range of $110,000 - $125,000 per annum with an incentive plan based on the achievement of individual and/or organizational performance metrics. Namely offers employees medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, equity, flexible spending accounts, $50,000 basic life and AD&D, free telehealthcare, paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, employee stock purchase plan, paid family leave, and many other available benefits. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on the market location.
Namely Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Places to Work in New York 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEOs for Diversity 2021
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.