NS1 automates the deployment and delivery of the world’s most trafficked internet and enterprise applications. Its software-defined, next-generation application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, and IPAM — the familiar and universal foundations of all network and internet services — to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, and control in today’s complex, heterogeneous environments. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, Pitney Bowes, Bleacher Report, and The Guardian, and is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, and GGV Capital.The Role
The Sr. Director, Professional Services will lead and inspire a global team of Professional Services consultants to deploy NS1’s platform technology to improve the performance, efficiency and resilience of their applications. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, advancing NS1’s Consulting and Professional Services strategy and the expanding upon our suite of capabilities, managing a P&L and defining key performance indicators for the team, attracting and retaining key professional services engineering talent, working closely with the sales organization to ensure customer engagements are scoped correctly and delivered effectively, managing business forecasting, overseeing capacity planning and resource management, and ensuring successful service delivery and customer success.Your Skills:
- 5+ years of successfully managing a P&L for a professional services team, preferably within a high growth enterprise software environment.
- Ability to attract and retain the top talent in the industry as well as motivate, inspire and mentor team members to excel.
- Experience leading the selling and scoping activities on large scale, complex technology infrastructure projects.
- Direct line manager experience of a geographically dispersed team of highly technical talent.
- Customer relationship management including project management and escalation, and participating in executive steering meetings.
- Indirect sales experience including channel services leadership and enablement
- Ability to plan for and implement training and development to ensure continued knowledge improvement and career development for the members of the team.
- Strong knowledge of software implementation methodologies and best practices
- Due to COVID-19, all scoping and deployment work is currently delivered remotely; when it is safe to do so, this role will require some travel for on-site meetings with current and prospective customers.
Nice to have:
- Strong foundational knowledge of infrastructure technologies including DNS, DHCP and IPAM
- Masters degree in Computer Science and/or business administration desirable
- Experience managing individuals globally within a matrix organization
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.