Sr IT Network Engineer at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better, more open Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among best small-medium sized workplaces globally.
The Sr IT Network Engineer supports, installs, configures, and maintains the organization’s global network/telephony services and supports the company’s global security program. The role will be responsible for implementing various network/telephony projects, upgrades and participates in strategic planning to meet our company objectives. The ideal candidate will be a knowledge expert who is energized by hands on involvement in technology and problem solving.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Designs, Installs, Administers, maintains, recommends and is responsible for
- Global Corporate Network LAN/WAN (Meraki) & Cloud based telephony (Zoom Voice/Ring Central)
- Corporate site to site and client VPN, Office Wifi Services
- RADIUS Authentication
- Communications subsystems (VoIP, Zoom Voice, Zoom Meeting Room Collaboration)
- Data & voice circuit ordering, installation and Circuit Management
- Network projects and standards encompassing LAN, WAN, high availability strategies, QoS, IP, MPLS, VoIP/IP Telephony and office infrastructure.
- Network security control systems with Meraki Advanced Security, IPS, URL filtering, Web Proxy, DDOS mitigation etc.
- Regional and remote office physical network infrastructure architecture
- Network software/hardware and Global VoIP for new sites and retrofits.
- Demonstrated deep experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC) certificates and directory authentication integrations
- Participates in security incident response processes and activities as appropriate.
- Contributes as a key technical project resource for new site builds across a mixed Windows and MacOS environment (60%/40%) Leverages best practices approach towards projects, implementations, and issue resolution; ability to provide status updates and reports
- Creates and maintains efficient documentation for IT Standards, Policies, Procedures and KB Operationalize processes that can be performed by the Operations Team.
- Provides tier-3 helpdesk support for domain area as needed Maintains a high quality of technical support to ensure effective productivity for the management, established employees, and future THE TRADE DESK team members.
- Maintains a high level of communication and positive professional relations with our current and/or future vendors and suppliers Other duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related IT field required; Cisco certification desired but not required with demonstrated experience Five to eight years of experience in a similar hands-on engineering role working with:
- Designing, troubleshooting and maintaining Cisco Meraki routers, firewalls, layer 2 / layer 3 switches, wireless access points and VPN.
- Wireless layout and channel optimization, Meraki Advanced Security, QoS prioritization, Traffic shaping, HA/Failover, BGP
- Network security access control systems with IPS, Anti-Malware, Anti-virus, URL filtering, Web Proxy, DDOS mitigation etc.
- New site deployments and equipment provisioning or replacement through both in-person installations and pre-configure / ship for remote guided installations.
- Advanced network tracing tools
- Two to five years configuration experience working with:
- Cloud PBX (Ring Central, Zoom Voice)
- Meeting management software (Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- New circuit provisioning and carrier management
- Azure infrastructure, virtual networks and virtual devices
- Experience with supporting offsite and international users required Previous experience working for a hyper-growth company is preferred Prior experience working with the ITIL framework in a SOX regulated environment is highly preferred
Must be able to sit, stand, walk or a combination of the three for up to 10 hours a day Position requires the ability to speak and hear 50% of the time Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of our safety policies Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisor or management
Attendance: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance. Regular Hours: Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, five days per week, or such other hours per day or hours per week as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet business needs. Overtime: Must be available and willing to work such overtime per week as we determine is necessary or desirable to meet business needs. Weekend and Holiday: Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet THE TRADE DESK business needs. Will be required to carry a company-funded smart phone and expected to respond to urgent calls in a timely manner. This may require remote or occasional on-site support. #LI-TP1
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.