Sr Localization Manager
Noom is a leading global digital health company focused on helping people live healthier lives through behavior change. We’re a mission-driven, high-growth organization that’s powered by science, technology, and world-class talent.
As the Sr. Localization Manager, you will be the founding member of the localization team. You will build and drive the localization program, partnering closely with international team leadership as we drive growth and scale across new and existing markets. This is a contract position with opportunity to convert to full time contingent on performance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a vision for how localization and international content should evolve at Noom in new and existing international market
- Lead Noom’s process for localization across a wide array of content types including product, marketing assets, support content, web copy, and internal processes
- Build partnerships with stakeholders across Content, Operations, Brand, Marketing, Product and Engineering
- Identify opportunities to help International scale faster and efficiently in expansion efforts through product, operational improvements and/or hiring
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams as the internal SME on localization. Define requirements for immediate needs as well as develop the roadmap for how our systems should evolve to automate workflows and scale to more locales at high quality
- Educate Noom’s teams on the localization process to increase efficacy and identify opportunities to increase an international mindset in the company
- Cultivate a team culture of high agency, execution, and customer focus
- Source and manage external vendors for maximum quality, speed, and cost efficiency
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of experience, with 3-5+ in localization program management, including agency management
- NYC or UK based, or willingness to travel to NYC 10-25% of time. Willingness to work either in EST or GMT
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to work internally across content and technical teams as well as externally with vendors
- Strong sense of what great localization looks like, with a sound understanding how to measure it. Knowledge of how to build a reliable machine to produce high quality, localized content at scale.
- Experience establishing processes, supporting teams, developing relationships, and managing end-to-end for a portfolio of concurrent programs
- Experience with translation management systems, content management systems, video localization tools and A/B testing
- Native fluency in at least one language besides English a bonus
What Makes This Job Amazing
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
- This is a full-time position that offers competitive compensation. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
More About Noom
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain’s have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune’s lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.