Sr. Manager, Dry Cleaning Operations
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
RTR is home to the world’s largest (& 2nd largest) dry cleaning operation under one roof. Our Dream Fulfillment center network is comprised today of two facilities (Secaucus, NJ & Arlington, TX) with additional growth on the horizon. The Inventory & Lifecycle team oversees both physical space and inventory expansion strategy for the network. While the team embodies diversity of thought, everyone is focused on delivering a Cinderella Experience to our customers with every decision made.
About the Job:
We are growing quickly and are looking for a Senior Manager, Dry Cleaning Operations who can scale our dry cleaning division across the network with the company’s growth and be the resident expert in cleaning practices and process. The role is accountable for setting standardized practices including equipment, solvents, garment testing and vendor relations within the dry cleaning division across our dream fulfillment centers. The Senior Manager is responsible for guiding and developing local leadership by educating, mentoring, and coaching around best practices in the industry. They are responsible to maintain the highest levels of safety, production, cost and quality while ensuring a positive customer experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively lead with safety, service, quality and cost at the forefront of all decision making
- Establish and meet KPIs for the Dry Cleaning Division
- Create programs/plans to improve all metrics across the division
- Develop and administer operational procedures within Dry Cleaning that can scale across buildings including new inventory garment testing and equipment maintenance
- Provide data driven assessment on equipment needed to scale the business
- Implement programs to increase garment lifecycle and increase customer turns
- Oversee best practices in work process flow and ensure processes adhered to in all facilities
- Develop and manage effective partnerships throughout all levels of the organization to understand weekly and daily targets and establish and execute clear plans and roadmaps to consistently meet target goals
- Influence decision making with the buying team to provide material composition information and cleaning impact
- Develop and manage effective vendor partnerships (machinery, chemicals/solvents, trade organizations) including partnerships to develop new cleaning agents and practices to improve garment life
- Lead all purchasing decisions across the network involving equipment, solvents, etc
- Develop local operation managers to implement and execute programs created
- Partner to create internal training programs to scale technical roles within the dry cleaning division including spotter and pressors
- Create and promote a culture of continuous improvement and empower associates to propose and implement solutions to decrease costs, improve efficiency, and increase inventory longevity
- Be able to lead teams through complex problems by breaking down problems into clear and actionable items
- B.S. degree in business administration, manufacturing, supply chain or related field
- 8 - 10 years of related experience working in a dry cleaning, laundry, textile, garment care or quality assurance capacity
- Proven track record of exceptional leadership and employee development
- Experience developing budgets, managing P&L, forecasting staffing needs, analyzing financial/operational data and translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Forward-thinker with sharp analytic skills and the ability to articulate point of view, develop systems/plans, and improve processes across the organization
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need