Sr. Manager, New Business Operations at Motivate LLC
Are you passionate about making the cities we live in a better place to visit, live and move around in?
Motivate is seeking a Sr. Manager to help us expand our business offerings and operational efficiencies that will bring life underserved urban mobility solutions ranging from customer facing services to business to business operations designed to change the landscape of the cities we operate. We are looking for a leader that is a unique balance between Best in Class Operator, World Class Coaches all with an entrepreneurial mindset.
The right individual understands that achieving our operational and financial goals are not possible without our most valuable resource, our people.
Motivate is a best-in-class service operations and logistics company, delivering bike share services to some of the largest urban environments in the US. We operate in 8 cities across the U.S. including New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Washington D.C. and will serve over 1.5 million riders this year alone. Led by a group of seasoned urban visionaries and creative leaders our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable.
- Design, implement and continuously improve processes to increase efficiency, achieve operational goals, and meet financial margin expectations. This will be done using an analytical approach to address everything from the product offering, size and scale of field operations, vehicle and facility usage, and other relevant topics.
- Develop and run a yearly operational budget, including monthly reporting on profit and loss
- Expand the business through word of mouth and downstream marketing.
- Lead the operations teams of multiple small start-up B2B and B2C businesses, and
- Manage, mentor and energize a team of managers and line employees through hands on coaching.
- Establish safe work practices, including new hire safety training requirements, and maintain a safe working environment.
- Compile internal and external reporting as needed for report out to the CEO and wider Senior Leadership Team on a regular basis to give updates on operational and financial performance.
- Achieving Results Through Relationships: Works cooperatively with others, both on their own team and cross-functionally, to build and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships founded on respect and professionalism to leverage information and achieve results.
- Drive for Excellence - Maximizes effectiveness and sustainability with action, people and financial management. Ensuring people have the support and tools they need and that the workforce as a whole has the capacity and diversity to meet current and long-term organizational objectives.
- Coaching Employee Growth: Guides others to make the most of their innate abilities as well as build and improve on professional skills and competencies needed for either their current role or their target role through training, coaching, and learning-based experiences/stretch assignments.
- Establishing Focus - Aligns personnel and other resources in a manner consistent with organizational vision and objectives through the creation of personal job goals and organizational goals based on the organizational vision for yourself and your team.
- Analysis Based Planning - Able to foresee potential issues and anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- You thrive in a fast paced, high stress, high demand environments. Ability to adapt, think critically and react effectively in dynamic construction and maintenance project environments.
- You have a minimum of 7 years experience in operations leadership, including at least 3 years of hands-on experience in an operational role standing up a new business including processes and standard operating procedures.
- Undergraduate / graduate degree in business, design, operations, engineering, or related field
- Organized thinker, with the ability to self-direct and to adapt to changing deadlines
- You are a wiz in Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, Google Applications, and can master new software quickly.
- You have developed and managed a team of front-line managers
- You are advanced in project management with a strong record of successful execution and achievements.
- Bonus Points for formal process improvement and project management certifications such as Lean SixSigma, AGILE, PMP, 5S, TPS Methodology, etc.