Sr. Manager, Office of the CEO at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is seeking a highly strategic, action oriented Sr. Manager to join the Office of the CEO. In this dynamic and highly visible position, you will support the Chief of Staff and CEO / Co-Founder in the most impactful projects throughout the business. You will lead internal and external efforts that support the research, development and execution of highly strategic growth and brand initiatives, business model innovations, fundraising and investor relations, corporate development and communications for the company. You will report directly to the Sr. Director / Chief of Staff to Jenn Hyman. With a recent $100 million investment from Ares Capital, Rent the Runway is poised for a second founding moment post COVID and is gearing up for a year of critical business acceleration within the circular economy.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead strategic projects related to business development and innovation on behalf of the Office of the CEO, acting as an internal liaison cross functionally and an external representative
- Support leadership in the creation of new and evolved business strategies and corporate development initiatives that enable short and long term business objectives, analyzing opportunities and determining cost/benefit analysis, projected ROI, etc.
- Develop and share market and industry research, trend reports, and competitive insights / intelligence, presenting findings to senior leadership on an ongoing basis
- Own the creation of materials, research and follow up for meetings and projects on behalf of the Office of the CEO, including board meetings, company all-hands meetings, fundraising, investor communications and external c-level conversations
- Act as a conduit for internal company communication, working with the PR/Communications and People teams in support of culture building initiatives, events and talent development opportunities
- Develop and maintain a robust project management system for the Office of the CEO to successfully track new and existing projects
- Build effective internal relationships with key stakeholders in core functions such as marketing, PR, product, finance, operations, etc. in order to partner on cross functional projects and drive alignment
- BA and 5+ years of relevant experience (consulting, finance, investing or highly strategic and analytical roles); MBA preferred
- You have an innate sense of curiosity and desire to solve problems, work hard, and take action
- You enjoy leading and working with cross-functional teams
- You have strong presentation skills, both in creation of simplified narratives for complex messages and data visualization or illustrations for operational data, technical solutions, and complicated business processes
- You possess a strong attention to detail, as well as an understanding of the big picture and are innately able to provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders
- You have proven ability to manage multifaceted projects to meet objectives, while balancing and prioritizing across multiple projects
- You possess exceptional project management skills and a commitment to understanding and delivering on objectives
- You bring a “do whatever it takes” attitude and are ready to jump in; no task is too big or too small
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.