Sr. Manager, Retail Operations at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub Goods is a new business that offers convenience items delivered to our diners doorstep. We are looking for a Senior Manager of Retail Operations that can step up and be scrappy while we are growing this initiative. As a leader for this business, you will play a critical role in fulfilling the company's vision for Grubhub Goods. You will grow your team to support and be responsible for driving a culture of accountability, entrepreneurial spirit, empathy and success.
We're all about connecting consumers to the food and products they desire. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food and convenience ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
The Impact You Will Make
- Grow and launch new owned locations working closely with retail partners to ensure proper ownership, staffing and fulfillment abilities are in place
- Manage a team of convenience store managers
- Establish and monitor key performance metrics necessary to monitor performance of internal operations and vendor relationships
- Supervise store managers' maintenance of equipment, management of inventory, and store staffing
- Hire, train, and performance manage employees
- Ensure and support a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all staff and vendors
- Periodically conduct on-site store visits
- Partner with the Merchandising and Launch teams to implement the Grubhub Goods vision and top priorities
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years experience in retail operations with at least 3+ years in management
- Direct experience with delivery products, retail, convenience and/or grocery stores
- Understanding of a warehouse fulfillment environment and experience optimizing processes
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an owner mindset.
- Great communicator with the ability to create a positive and productive work environment.
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to analyze data using systems such as Excel and Tableau
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]