Sr Manager, Technology Standards & Governance at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK has initiated a Digital Transformation Program that is changing and enhancing many aspects of Information Technology operations, infrastructure, system architecture and development. In addition, MSK has experienced significant growth over the past several years. These factors have made it necessary to evaluate, develop and enhance Technology Standards, Procedures and Governance. The Manager Technology Governance & Standards will work closely with our VP Enterprise Systems Transformation as part of the Standards and Governance Team to implement new policies, procedures and standards.
- Evaluate, enhance and develop technology standards, polices and procedures spanning operations, infrastructure, system architecture and development.
- Manage internal and external reviews, audits, inspections, and investigations relative to technology standards, policies and procedures.
- Run compliance procedures and controls and recommend appropriate governance policies.
- Advise and collaborates with stakeholders on developing standards, identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks and control weaknesses.
- Propose new or updated policies and procedures to promote compliance.
- Promote awareness of standards and governance to the various stakeholders and their respective business units
- Work with Internal Audit to ensure risk management priorities are reflected in annual plans and initiatives.
- Measure and reports on effectiveness of strategies, policies, and procedures for managing risks.
- Maintain Applications inventory of mandated reporting and monitoring.
- Manage Technology training plans related to Technology Standards and Governance, including establishment of training curriculum, assignment, records management, and compliance monitoring and reporting.
- 7-10+ years of large-scale IT experience with recent work related to Tech Standards & Governance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Location: NYC - Midtown East near Grand Central
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to a video call or on-site visit with the team -> post-interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.